now browsing by tag
Control Pre-Meal CapsulesTM
30 servings $38.95
Self-control now comes in a capsule
* Can help curb cravings and reduce appetite
* Neutralizes starches found in processed carbohydrates
* Can support stabilized blood glucose
* May enhance mental alertness, endurance and stamina
* Helps you feel satisfied faster and takes the edge off your cravings
Purium`s CONTROL Pre-Meal CapsulesTM are specifically designed to help you eat less and reduce the impact of simple carbohydrates and sugars, lessening the possibility that your body will convert them into fat. It is a great addition to any weight loss regimen.
Instructions: Take two capsules three times per day (approximately one hour prior to meals) with 8oz of water or, take two to three capsules prior to any fatty meal or dessert followed by 8oz of water.
* Nopal (Opuntia Streptacantha): promotes weight loss by absorbing water and providing a feeling of satiety. It has a positive effect on blood sugar and helps reduce the appetite and control carbohydrate cravings. It can also reduce cholesterol by promoting the excretion of fats from the body, and aids digestion by absorbing toxins from the bowel as well as increasing the rate at which food passes through the system.
* Garcinia Cambogia (fruit): inhibits the synthesis of fatty acids in the liver and promotes an increased availability of glycogen in the liver, thus sending a “full” signal to the brain sooner.
* Green Tea Extract: Extract: research has found that green tea increases the amount of energy spent by the body and holds promise as a treatment for obesity and other weight problems.
* American Ginseng (Panax quinquefolius): Dr Lin Yutang, a Chinese research scientist who spent a lifetime learning about ginseng, summed up his work by saying that, “The magic tonic and building qualities of ginseng are the most enduring, the most energy-giving, restorative qualities known to mankind, yet it is distinguished by the slowness and gentleness of its action.”
* White Kidney Bean Extract (Phaseolus Vulgaris):
Final word from Dave:
Drawing from the wisdom of ancient culture, we have put together a product for the ages. From the shaman we take Opuntia, from Chinese medicine – Green Tea, from Ayurvedic – the garcinia cambogia, and the power of White American Ginseng and the newly discovered effect of the amazing white kidney bean. Brought together to give you the ultimate in CONTROL, self control, appetite control, glucose control, energy and most importantly, your weight. - Dave Sandoval
Turmeric Curcumin 1000mg
Patient One MediNutritionals
60 capsules $21.25
Promotes normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, immune, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function
Promotes immune system function
* Supports brain and joint health
* Promotes healthy liver, gall bladder and digestive function
* Free radical scavenging properties
* Supports cardiovascular function
* Black pepper included for enhanced absorption
Unique Properties Curcumin, a polyphenol nutrient found in the spice turmeric (Curcuma longa), has beneficial effects for nearly every organ system in the body. Used for its medicinal effects for centuries and extensively studied, Curcumin has been shown to help maintain the bodys normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, liver, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function. To enhance the normally poor bioavailability of curcumin, our potent formula also contains black pepper extract that promotes rapid absorption of nutrients from the gastrointestinal tract.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Patient One Turmeric Curcumin combines the benefits of both whole Turmeric root and Turmeric extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids), along with black pepper extract for enhanced absorption.
Curcumin is the orange pigment in turmeric (the primary ingredient in curry) and has been studied for its effective therapeutic outcomes acting as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, anticoagulant, immuno-modulatory activities and even in wound healing. Research suggests support for joint, eye, GI tract, liver, prostate and nerve health.
Curcumin supports production of B and T cells which is useful for promoting proper immune function. It also supports production of bile and enzymes that digest sugars and fats. This helps to maintain cholesterol levels within normal range. Turmeric supports intestinal flora and the mucus membranes of the body, including those of the digestive tract. As such, it may be beneficial after a course of antibiotics and for those with unbalanced intestinal flora. It also helps protect the stomach against excess acid and is used for its soothing effect on the mucosa of the gut.
Black Pepper Extract (as BioPerine®) It has been found that the therapeutic effectiveness of curcumin is often limited due to its poor absorption from the GI tract. When taken orally only traces appear in the blood, whereas most of the dose is excreted though the feces. Our formula includes BioPerine®, a patented extract derived from the common black pepper fruit that contains the alkaloid piperine. Black pepper has been shown to enhance the bioavailability and promote absorption of curcumin both in pre-clinical studies and in studies on human volunteers.
* Several studies have illustrated curcumins hepatoprotective effects, leading researchers to suggest its use in protecting the liver from exogenous insults from environmental toxins.
Servings Per Container: 60
Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a qualified healthcare professional.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving Turmeric Complex Proprietary Blend … 1000mg Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (root) and Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) (root) (Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids) BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract … 5mg (Piper nigrum) (fruit) (Standardized to contain 95% piperine)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice powder, l-leucine
This product is free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives. This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
BioPerine® is a registered trademark and patented product of Sabinsa Corporation
* Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, et al. Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta Med 1998 May;64(4):353-56. [PMID: 9619120]
* Jagetia GC, Aggarwal BB. “Spicing up” of the immune system by curcumin. J Clin Immunol. 2007 Jan;27(1):19-35. [PMID: 17211725]
* Funk JL, Oyarzo JN, Frye JB, et al. Turmeric extracts containing curcuminoids prevent experimental rheumatoid arthritis. J Nat Prod. 2006 Mar;69(3):351-55. [PMID: 16562833]
* Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Altern Med Rev. 2009 Jun;14(2):141-53. [PMID: 19594223]
* Ng T, et al. Am J Epidemiol. 2006;164:898-906.
* Sun AY, Wang Q, Simonyi A, et al. Botanical phenolics and brain health. Neuromolecular Med. 2008;10(4):259-74. [PMID: 19191039]
* Neelofar K, Shreaz S, Rimple B, et al. Curcumin as a promising anticandidal of clinical interest. Can J Microbiol. 2011 Mar;57(3):204-10. [PMID: 21358761]
* Epstein J, Docena G, MacDonald TT, et al. Curcumin suppresses p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation, reduces IL-1beta and matrix metalloproteinase-3 and enhances IL-10 in the mucosa of children and adults with inflammatory bowel disease. Br J Nutr. 2010 Mar;103(6):824-32. [PMID: 19878610]
* Ukil A, Maity S, Karmakar S, et al. Curcumin, the major component of food flavour turmeric, reduces mucosal injury in trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid-induced colitis. Br J Pharmacol. 2003 May;139(2):209-18. [PMID: 12770926]
* Holt PR, Katz S, Kirshoff R. Curcumin therapy in inflammatory bowel disease: a pilot study. Dig Dis Sci. 2005 Nov;50(11):2191-93. [PMID:16240238]
* Lal B, Kapoor AK, Asthana OP, et al. Efficacy of curcumin in the management of chronic anterior uveitis. Phytother Res. 1999 Jun;13(4):318-22. [PMID: 10404539]
* Xie L, Li XK, Takahara S. Curcumin has bright prospects for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Int Immunopharmacol . 2011 Mar;11(3):323-30. 
* Martins CV, da Silva DL, Neres AT, et al. Curcumin as a promising antifungal of clinical interest. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009 Feb;63(2):337-39. [PMID: 19038979]
* Mythri RB, Harish G, Dubey SK, et al. Glutamoyl diester of the dietary polyphenol curcumin offers improved protection against peroxynitrite-mediated nitrosative stress and damage of brain mitochondria in vitro: implications for Parkinsons disease. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011 Jan;347(1-2):135-43. [PMID: 20972609]
* Ravindran J, Prasad S, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin and cancer cells: how many ways can curry kill tumor cells selectively? AAPS J . 2009 Sep;11(3):495-510. [PMID: 9619120]
* Goel A, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin, the golden spice from Indian saffron, is a chemosensitizer and radiosensitizer for tumors and chemoprotector and radioprotector for normal organs. Nutr Cancer. 2010 Oct;62(7):919-30. [PMID: 20924967]
* Choi H, Chun YS, Shin YJ, et al. Curcumin attenuates cytochrome P450 induction in response to 2, 3, 7, 8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin by ROS- dependently degrading AhR and ARNT. Cancer Sci. 2008 Dec;99(12):2518-24. [PMID: 19018768]
* Zhang, Dong Wei, Chuang Fang Huang, Chang Fu Yang, Ren Zuo Liu, Ji Feng Wang, Jian Zhao Niu, and Dieter Bromme. “Antifibrotic Effects of Curcumin Are Associated with over Expression of Cathespins K and L in Bleomycin Treated Mice and Human Fibroblasts.” Respiratory Research. Respiratory Research, 2011.
* Davis, J. Mark. “Curcumin Effects on Inflammation and Performance Recovery following Eccentric Exercise-induced Muscle Damage.” Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. American Physiological Society, 2007.
* Karlstetter, Marcus, Elena Lippe, Yana Walczak, Chistoph Moehle, Alexander Aslanidis, Myriam Mirza, and Thomas Langmann. “Curcumin Is a Potent Modulator of Microglial Gene Expression and Migration.” Journal of Neuroinflammation. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2011.
If pregnant, nursing, have gall stones or gall bladder disease, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Individuals taking medication, especially blood thinners or cancer treatment, should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
Are you Insulin Resistance? Do you know what that really means? Well, here ya go in a little bit easier turns to understand:
When cells become insulin resistant and the glucose can’t get in, it circulates round and round the bloodstream, damaging arterial walls and the brain. Because the body wants to normalize blood sugar levels as soon as possible, it converts the excess glucose into triglycerides to be stored as fat. This process demands so much energy that you become sleepy. Furthermore, insulin resistance decreases the body’s ability to use stored fat for energy.
The liver mediates between the activities of the insulin-releasing pancreas and the adrenal and thyroid glands, which are supposed to “tell” the liver to release glucose. If the adrenals and thyroid aren’t working properly on the “telling” end, or if the liver is sluggish, stressed out, or toxic, and not working on the “receiving” end, the system goes out of balance. Either way, the result is elevated excess insulin.
Selenium Health Benefits and the Best sources
Do you have an under active Thyroid? Are you getting the vitamins and minerals needed to support the process? Here is some info on why Selenium is important to the process. Soaking your nuts and seeds for best absorption will help your already stressed out body.
Selenium is required for the proper activity of a group of enzymes called glutathione peroxidases. (sometimes abbreviated “GPO” or “GPx” for a glutathione peroxidase enzyme.) These enzymes play a key role in the body’s detoxification system and they also provide protection against oxidative stress. (Oxidative stress is physiological circumstance in which there is excessive risk of oxygen-related damage to the body.) Of the eight known glutathione peroxidase enzymes, five of them require selenium.
In addition to the activity of glutathione peroxidase, selenium-containing enzymes are involved in recycling of vitamin C from its spent form back to its active one, allowing for greater antioxidant protection.
Support Normal Thyroid Function
A selenium-containing enzyme is responsible for transforming a less active thyroid hormone called T4 into the more active T3. As you’ll see below in the Relationship with Other Nutrients section, selenium and iodine work together to keep thyroid function strong and consistent.
Like the antioxidant protection issue, this is not just an esoteric concern. Researchers have been able to induce problems with the thyroid gland in just two months of a low-selenium diet.
Probably, if you’ve read about food sources of selenium, you’ve read about Brazil nuts as a strong source of the mineral. Depending on where they are grown, this is likely to be true—one ounce of Brazil nuts may contain as much as 10 times the Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) recommendation for selenium intake.
Other exceptionally selenium-rich foods include oysters, clams, liver, and kidney. Each of these foods is likely to contain double to triple the DRI in a serving.
Fish and shellfish make up an outsized proportion of our excellent and very good sources. After these come other animal meats, many of which fall in the very good category. Close behind are whole grains and seeds, both of which are well-represented in our good selenium sources category.
120 capsules $48.80
360 capsules $82.10
Now with Metafolin® L-5-MTHF Powerful polyphenol-rich multivitamin and multimineral formula with additional protection factors *Packed with flavonoids and phenolic compounds from a unique blend of olive fruit, grape seed, pomegranate, green tea, quercetin and blueberry, this formula offers powerful overall cellular protection. It also contains the protective nutrients alpha lipoic acid, NAC, inositol and choline to complement the neural, cognitive, cardiovascular, liver and skin health properties of this diverse profile. Furthermore, Polyphenol Nutrients provides the advanced mineral delivery systems and active vitamin cofactors found in Nutrient 950® and UltraNutrient® for optimal bioavailability and utilization. As part of a well-balanced diet that is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, folic acid, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 may reduce the risk of vascular disease.† †FDA evaluated the above claim and found that while it is known that diets low in saturated fats and cholesterol reduce the risk of heart disease and other vascular diseases, the evidence in support of the above claim is inconclusive. Polyphenol Nutrients is a nutrient dense multivitamin and mineral formula enhanced with an exceptional combination of polyphenols and specialized compounds for extensive physiological protection.
Servings Per Container: 30
Take 4–6 capsules per day, in divided doses, with meals.
Serving Size: 6 vegetable capsules
Amount Per Serving vitamin A … 7, 500IU (as beta carotene) vitamin C … 500mg (as ascorbic acid) vitamin D … 800IU (as cholecalciferol)(D3) vitamin E … 100IU (as d-alpha tocopherol succinate) thiamin … 50mg (as thiamin HCl)(B1) riboflavin … 25mg (vitamin B2) niacin … 75mg (as niacin and 67% niacinamide) vitamin B6 … 12.5mg (as pyridoxine HCl) folate … 800mcg (as Metafolin®, L-5-MTHF) vitamin B12 … 500mcg (as methylcobalamin) biotin … 800mcg pantothenic acid … 50mg (as calcium pantothenate)(B5) calcium … 300mg (as calcium citrate) iodine … 200mcg (as potassium iodide) magnesium … 150mg (as magnesium citrate) zinc … 15mg (as zinc picolinate) selenium … 200mcg (as selenomethionine) copper … 2mg (as copper glycinate) manganese … 5mg (as manganese aspartate) chromium … 100mcg (as chromium polynicotinate) molybdenum … 100mcg (as molybdenum aspartate) potassium … 99mg (as potassium aspartate) boron … 2mg (as boron glycinate) vanadium … 100mcg (as vanadium aspartate) ascorbyl palmitate … 120mg (fat-soluble vitamin C) riboflavin 5phosphate … 12.5mg (activated B2) pyridoxal 5 phosphate … 12.5mg (activated B6) mixed carotenoids … 425mcg (as lutein, lycopene, zeaxanthin) n-acetyl-l-cysteine … 100mg (free-form) choline bitartrate … 100mg inositol … 125mg alpha lipoic acid … 100mg (thioctic acid)
MacularSynergy Complex lutein … 6mg zeaxanthin … 1mg
CellHealth Polyphenols quercetin … 50mg blueberry extract … 100mg (Vaccinium angustifolium)(fruit) (standardized to contain 1.5% anthocyanins)1.5 mg. olive extract … 50mg (Olea europaea l.)(fruit) (standardized to provide 1% hydroxytyrosol) pomegranate extract … 100mg (Punica granatum l.)(fruit) (standardized to contain 5% ellagic acid)5 mg. grape extract … 50mg (Vitis vinifera)(seed) (standardized to contain 92% polyphenols) green tea extract … 100mg (camellia sinensis)(leaf) (standardized to contain 65% total tea catechins, 23% epigallocatechin (EGCG))
other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product. In rare cases, alpha lipoic acid may cause skin rash or hypoglycemia. Individuals who are sensitive may experience heartburn. Rare side effects of NAC may include nausea, vomiting, headache, dry mouth, dizziness, or abdominal pain. Large doses of choline may cause nausea, diarrhea or dizziness.
Polyphenol nutrients contains vitamin E and grape seed extract which may react with blood thinning and other heart medications. Green tea extract may interfere with the absorption and effectiveness of a number of medications including certain heart, blood thinning, antidiarrheal, and cold or hay fever medications. Consult your physician for more information. FloraGlo lutein is a registered trademark of Kemin Industries, Inc. Zeaxanthin is sourced from OPTISHARP™ brand. OPTISHARP™ is a trademark of DSM Nutritional Products, Inc. Metafolin® is a registered Trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Probiotics in A Nutshell…
The human gut contains 10x more bacteria than all the human cells in the body. 400 known species equaling 100trillion in the intestinal tract.
Probiotics are ESSENTIAL for normal digestive, endocrine, and immunological functions of the bowel. They are therapeutic for treatment of variety of gastrointestinal and systemic disorders. Definitely needed if your gall bladder or spleen has been removed.
Goal is to have an 80 to 20% ratio of good bateria verses harmful bacteria.
In general, 1 billion CFU’s (colony forming units) is REQUIRED to deliver to the intestines. You can safely take up to 450 billion for patients with IBS, and even 200 billion following liver transplant.
Do they need to be refrigerated? It is recommended it maximizes freshness. Probiotics that have micro encapsulated with fatty acids are the only exception. Probiotics sold in health stores are often not and have about 30-50% less viable microorganisms that they claim on their label.
Probiotics live in the absence of oxygen. Dark Glass bottles are recommended. Moisture also kills micro organisms, keep in a cool dark place.
Deliver systems are important because we want the absorption to happen in the intestines not the stomach. Stomach acid plays apart in breakdowns and absorption.
The use of antibiotics feeds bacteria growth so it is important to double amounts during infectious times or if you are put on antibiotics or have heavily used them in the past.
It is important to have B complex vitamins, especially B12, folates, and Vitamin K for probiotics absorption.
When do you take them? Everyone is different but generally between meals or bed time is ideal so food or stomach acid isn’t interfering with absorption.
Prebiotics are carbohydrates that are indigestible by the human intestine and selectively stimulate the activity and growth of certain bacteria in the COLON. Most are chains of 2-9 sugar molecules (oligosaccharides). They are commonly found in chicory, asparagus, artichoke, onions, leeks, garlic, and human breast milk. If you want to use food as medicine, consume those veggies. They should pass through the small intestine to the colon.
There are different strains of probiotics that are more beneficial to your health issues which is why not guessing is important, research is good, but science based research is what professionals do. Knowing your source and trusting your health care practitioner to make the best recommendations for you. They may cost a little more, but why waste money and time guessing when you don’t have to?
Gut health leads to immune health. If you want to power your body, supplementation is necessary.
Purium Super Amino 23
Superior for Athletes
Super Amino 23 is pre-digested 100% vegetarian and vegan protein that has been featured in the Physician`s Desk Reference* and is comprised of non-soy legumes.
Aids in normalizing protein synthesis
Assists with the stabilization or recovery of muscle strength, endurance, and volume
Helps keep body tissues firm
Helps minimize body fat
May support a weight loss regimen
Super Amino 23 is PREDIGESTED protein and it is 400% to 500% more nutritionally effective than isolates from whey casein and safer than soy. “Pre-digested” means Super Amino 23 does not enter the intestines and is absorbed into the lymph system; thus, Super Amino 23 produces no fecal residue. Because it is pre-digested, it is available to the body within 23 minutes of ingestion.
Super Amino 23 has 99% NNU or Net Nitrogen Utilization, which is why there is no burden on your kidneys or liver like other proteins. This is because the liver and kidneys do not have to clear catabolic waste that comes with the digestion of common dietary protein.
Super Amino 23 has over 30 clinical studies published on its uses and is listed in the Physician`s Desk Reference.
Super Amino 23 is protected by 27 international patents and available in North America. (US Patent no. 5,132,113)
There have been 8 years of field trials on the Super Amino 23
18 years clinical trials: Super Amino 23 was first used for patients with stomach removed because of cancer. Then, elderly patients were given it for nutrition and recovery of lean tissue. Now, the terminally ill are also given Super Amino 23 to improve their quality of life.
Medical doctors use Super Amino 23 to maximize protein utilization and minimize the negative effects of protein diets.
Olympic athletes and fitness buffs around the world use the Super Amino 23.
Super Amino 23 is also used by the Vatican (through its Caritas Foundation) to treat malnutrition & the effects of starvation in developing countries.
Super Amino 23 is an all-natural way to build muscle mass, it also maximizes strength & endurance, minimizes body fat, and reduces recovery time.
The Super Amino 23 formulation can be used for different purposes; as nutrition for people who need more and better protein, as part of a weight control program, for strength building, and as a muscle mass enhancement.