now browsing by tag
$22.95 5.3oz powder
Versatile prebiotic formula to optimize gut microflora, improve bowel function and support the immune system.
BiotaGen is a distinctive formulation of soluble dietary fiber with prebiotic activities that stimulates growth of colonic populations of beneficial bacteria and enhances gastrointestinal and systemic immune function in multiple ways. BiotaGen combines chicory inulin and oligofructose, highly effective prebiotics, with the immunomodulating actions of larch arabinogalactan and purified yeast beta-glucan.
Chicory-derived inulin and oligofructose are inulin-type fructans best known for their ability to sustain increases in populations of Bifidobacterium, Lactobacillus, and Eubacterium, an important butyrate-producing species indigenous to the bowel. By escaping digestion and absorption in the small intestine, inulin-type fructans arrive largely intact in the colon where they selectively feed beneficial gut microbiota. In addition, inulin-type fructans promote normal colon transit times, enhance absorption of calcium and magnesium, favorably modulate lipid levels, improve gut mucosal barrier and immune function, regulate intestinal epithelial cell growth, and reduce the number of potentially harmful bacterial species.
Arabinogalactan, a polysaccharide derived from the Western Larch tree, is a highly soluble dietary fiber that enhances immune function by promoting cytokine production and increasing the number of natural killer cells. Indigestible by human enzymes, arabinogalactan exerts prebiotic properties including the ability to selectively stimulate Lactobacillus species. Arabinogalactan is metabolized to short-chain fatty acids acetate, butyrate, and propionate and reduces ammonia production.
Beta-glucan, a glucose polysaccharide prebiotic fiber, has broad, beneficial effect on immune function through enhancement of monocytes, macrophages, and natural killer cells. Beta-glucan stimulates immune response to a wide spectrum of pathogens, including fungal (Candida albicans), Gram-positive (Staphylococcus aureus), and Gram-negative (Escherichia coli) microorganisms.
BiotaGen is recommended to nutritionally support optimal gastrointestinal function, promote populations of healthful colonic bacteria, and enhance gastrointestinal and systemic immune function. BiotaGen® works synergistically with probiotics to assure intestinal microflora balance. Available in both powder and vegetarian capsule form.
Servings Per Container: 30
1 to 2 scoops daily with food or as directed by a healthcare practitioner..
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (Approx. 1 teaspoon or 5 grams)
Amount Per Serving Calories … 5g Total Carbohydrate … 5g Dietary Fiber … 4g BiotaGen Prebiotic Blend … 5g Inulin (derived from chicory root) Oligofructose (derived from chicory root) Beta-Glucan (purified from Saccharomyces cerevisiae) Larch Arabinogalactan (Larix occidentalis), dried water-soluble extract
Other Ingredients: None.
HPA Axis: Daytime Maintenance
Gaia Herbs/Professional Solutions
60 capsules $30
120 capsules $50
Promotes a health response to stress* Maintaining a healthy stress response is necessary for overall health and wellbeing. Supporting the systems that aid the body in reacting and normalizing as stress occurs is critical in maintaining a healthy response to stress. Adrenal Health Daily Support provides nourishment to the adrenals, with a unique combination of pure and potent extracts.
Servings Per Container: 60 Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Adults take 2 capsules 2 times daily after meals or as directed by your health care provider.
Amount Per Serving: Calories … 10 Siberian Rhodiola root extract+ … 120mg (Rhodiola rosea)(6mg Rosavins) Holy Basil leaf Supercritical extract+ … 90mg (Ocimum sanctum)(3.86mg total Eugenols) Proprietary Extract Blend … 520mg Wild Oats milky seed fresh** (Avena sativa), Holy Basil leaf** (Ocimum sanctum), Schisandra berry+ (Schisandra chinensis), Ashwagandha root+ (Withania somnifera)
Other Ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, water, capsule (vegetable cellulose) and olive oil
** = Certified Organic Ingredient + = Ecologically Harvested
Not recommended during pregnancy or nursing without consulting your health care provider prior to use. Rhodiola should not be taken by individuals with bipolar disorder.
GI Guard PM
Protocol for life balance
60 capsules $32.00
Maintains Healthy Mucosal Integrity
-With PepZin GI®, Melatonin, L-Tryptophan & B Vitamins
-Nighttime GI Support*
-A Dietary Supplement
GI Guard™ PM is a nutritional formula with PepZin GI®, Melatonin, amino acids, and B Vitamins designed to help maintain the strength and integrity of the gastrointestinal mucosal barrier.* GI Guard™ PM features PepZin GI®, which has been shown in clinical studies to promote a healthy stomach lining and to support proper gut repair processes.* Melatonin, a potent free radical scavenger, is known to exist at high levels in the gut, where it exerts its protective effects against oxidative stress throughout the gastrointestinal tract.* Melatonin also helps support healthy gastric pH levels, normal pepsin production in the stomach, and helps to regulate proper intestinal motility.* B Vitamins and Amino Acids, such as L-Tryptophan are necessary for Melatonin synthesis.
Servings Per Container: 30
As a dietary supplement, take 1-2 capsules 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime, or take as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: 2 Veg Capsules
Amount Per Serving Vitamin B-6 … 25mg (from Pyridoxine HCl) Vitamin B-12 … 50mcg (as Cyanocobalamin) Folic Acid … 800mcg Zinc … 14mg (from PepZin GI®) PepZin GI® … 75mg (Zinc-L-Carnosine Complex) L-Carnosine … 57mg (from PepZin GI®) Melatonin … 6mg L-Tryptophan … 200mg L-Methionine … 100mg Trimethylglycine … 100mg (TMG) Taurine … 100mg
Other Ingredients: Cellulose Powder, Cellulose (capsule), Silica and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source).
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens. CAUTIONS/INTERACTIONS: Do not drive or use machinery for 4 to 5 hours after taking melatonin. Theoretically, concomitant use of melatonin with alcohol, benzodiazepines, or other sedative drugs might cause additive sedation. Melatonin may interact with anticoagulant/anti-platelet medications, antidepressants, anti-hypertensives, anti-diabetes drugs, anti-neoplastic agents and other drugs. If you are taking any prescription medications or if you have glaucoma, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
Turmeric Curcumin 1000mg
Patient One MediNutritionals
60 capsules $21.25
Promotes normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, immune, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function
Promotes immune system function
* Supports brain and joint health
* Promotes healthy liver, gall bladder and digestive function
* Free radical scavenging properties
* Supports cardiovascular function
* Black pepper included for enhanced absorption
Unique Properties Curcumin, a polyphenol nutrient found in the spice turmeric (Curcuma longa), has beneficial effects for nearly every organ system in the body. Used for its medicinal effects for centuries and extensively studied, Curcumin has been shown to help maintain the bodys normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, liver, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function. To enhance the normally poor bioavailability of curcumin, our potent formula also contains black pepper extract that promotes rapid absorption of nutrients from the gastrointestinal tract.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Patient One Turmeric Curcumin combines the benefits of both whole Turmeric root and Turmeric extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids), along with black pepper extract for enhanced absorption.
Curcumin is the orange pigment in turmeric (the primary ingredient in curry) and has been studied for its effective therapeutic outcomes acting as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, anticoagulant, immuno-modulatory activities and even in wound healing. Research suggests support for joint, eye, GI tract, liver, prostate and nerve health.
Curcumin supports production of B and T cells which is useful for promoting proper immune function. It also supports production of bile and enzymes that digest sugars and fats. This helps to maintain cholesterol levels within normal range. Turmeric supports intestinal flora and the mucus membranes of the body, including those of the digestive tract. As such, it may be beneficial after a course of antibiotics and for those with unbalanced intestinal flora. It also helps protect the stomach against excess acid and is used for its soothing effect on the mucosa of the gut.
Black Pepper Extract (as BioPerine®) It has been found that the therapeutic effectiveness of curcumin is often limited due to its poor absorption from the GI tract. When taken orally only traces appear in the blood, whereas most of the dose is excreted though the feces. Our formula includes BioPerine®, a patented extract derived from the common black pepper fruit that contains the alkaloid piperine. Black pepper has been shown to enhance the bioavailability and promote absorption of curcumin both in pre-clinical studies and in studies on human volunteers.
* Several studies have illustrated curcumins hepatoprotective effects, leading researchers to suggest its use in protecting the liver from exogenous insults from environmental toxins.
Servings Per Container: 60
Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a qualified healthcare professional.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving Turmeric Complex Proprietary Blend … 1000mg Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (root) and Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) (root) (Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids) BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract … 5mg (Piper nigrum) (fruit) (Standardized to contain 95% piperine)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice powder, l-leucine
This product is free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives. This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
BioPerine® is a registered trademark and patented product of Sabinsa Corporation
* Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, et al. Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta Med 1998 May;64(4):353-56. [PMID: 9619120]
* Jagetia GC, Aggarwal BB. “Spicing up” of the immune system by curcumin. J Clin Immunol. 2007 Jan;27(1):19-35. [PMID: 17211725]
* Funk JL, Oyarzo JN, Frye JB, et al. Turmeric extracts containing curcuminoids prevent experimental rheumatoid arthritis. J Nat Prod. 2006 Mar;69(3):351-55. [PMID: 16562833]
* Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Altern Med Rev. 2009 Jun;14(2):141-53. [PMID: 19594223]
* Ng T, et al. Am J Epidemiol. 2006;164:898-906.
* Sun AY, Wang Q, Simonyi A, et al. Botanical phenolics and brain health. Neuromolecular Med. 2008;10(4):259-74. [PMID: 19191039]
* Neelofar K, Shreaz S, Rimple B, et al. Curcumin as a promising anticandidal of clinical interest. Can J Microbiol. 2011 Mar;57(3):204-10. [PMID: 21358761]
* Epstein J, Docena G, MacDonald TT, et al. Curcumin suppresses p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation, reduces IL-1beta and matrix metalloproteinase-3 and enhances IL-10 in the mucosa of children and adults with inflammatory bowel disease. Br J Nutr. 2010 Mar;103(6):824-32. [PMID: 19878610]
* Ukil A, Maity S, Karmakar S, et al. Curcumin, the major component of food flavour turmeric, reduces mucosal injury in trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid-induced colitis. Br J Pharmacol. 2003 May;139(2):209-18. [PMID: 12770926]
* Holt PR, Katz S, Kirshoff R. Curcumin therapy in inflammatory bowel disease: a pilot study. Dig Dis Sci. 2005 Nov;50(11):2191-93. [PMID:16240238]
* Lal B, Kapoor AK, Asthana OP, et al. Efficacy of curcumin in the management of chronic anterior uveitis. Phytother Res. 1999 Jun;13(4):318-22. [PMID: 10404539]
* Xie L, Li XK, Takahara S. Curcumin has bright prospects for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Int Immunopharmacol . 2011 Mar;11(3):323-30. 
* Martins CV, da Silva DL, Neres AT, et al. Curcumin as a promising antifungal of clinical interest. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009 Feb;63(2):337-39. [PMID: 19038979]
* Mythri RB, Harish G, Dubey SK, et al. Glutamoyl diester of the dietary polyphenol curcumin offers improved protection against peroxynitrite-mediated nitrosative stress and damage of brain mitochondria in vitro: implications for Parkinsons disease. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011 Jan;347(1-2):135-43. [PMID: 20972609]
* Ravindran J, Prasad S, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin and cancer cells: how many ways can curry kill tumor cells selectively? AAPS J . 2009 Sep;11(3):495-510. [PMID: 9619120]
* Goel A, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin, the golden spice from Indian saffron, is a chemosensitizer and radiosensitizer for tumors and chemoprotector and radioprotector for normal organs. Nutr Cancer. 2010 Oct;62(7):919-30. [PMID: 20924967]
* Choi H, Chun YS, Shin YJ, et al. Curcumin attenuates cytochrome P450 induction in response to 2, 3, 7, 8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin by ROS- dependently degrading AhR and ARNT. Cancer Sci. 2008 Dec;99(12):2518-24. [PMID: 19018768]
* Zhang, Dong Wei, Chuang Fang Huang, Chang Fu Yang, Ren Zuo Liu, Ji Feng Wang, Jian Zhao Niu, and Dieter Bromme. “Antifibrotic Effects of Curcumin Are Associated with over Expression of Cathespins K and L in Bleomycin Treated Mice and Human Fibroblasts.” Respiratory Research. Respiratory Research, 2011.
* Davis, J. Mark. “Curcumin Effects on Inflammation and Performance Recovery following Eccentric Exercise-induced Muscle Damage.” Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. American Physiological Society, 2007.
* Karlstetter, Marcus, Elena Lippe, Yana Walczak, Chistoph Moehle, Alexander Aslanidis, Myriam Mirza, and Thomas Langmann. “Curcumin Is a Potent Modulator of Microglial Gene Expression and Migration.” Journal of Neuroinflammation. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2011.
If pregnant, nursing, have gall stones or gall bladder disease, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Individuals taking medication, especially blood thinners or cancer treatment, should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
Artichoke Green Chili Hummus
Vegan, Paleo, GF
Happily serves 4
ALL ORGANIC INGREDIENTS
2 Cups Butter Beans
1/2-1 Cup Artichoke (with about 1/4 cup juice)
1-2 TBSP Hemp Seed oil
1/2 Cup Hatch Green chili
1 TBSP Sea Salt
1 TBSP Garlic, Fresh or dried
1 TBSP Onion Flakes
1 TBSP Coconut Aminos
1 TBSP Lime juice
Optional: Red Pepper Flakes, mixed in or sprinkled on top
MIx all Ingredients in food processor until smooth.
1/2 cup serving size served with Veggies.
Selenium Health Benefits and the Best sources
Do you have an under active Thyroid? Are you getting the vitamins and minerals needed to support the process? Here is some info on why Selenium is important to the process. Soaking your nuts and seeds for best absorption will help your already stressed out body.
Selenium is required for the proper activity of a group of enzymes called glutathione peroxidases. (sometimes abbreviated “GPO” or “GPx” for a glutathione peroxidase enzyme.) These enzymes play a key role in the body’s detoxification system and they also provide protection against oxidative stress. (Oxidative stress is physiological circumstance in which there is excessive risk of oxygen-related damage to the body.) Of the eight known glutathione peroxidase enzymes, five of them require selenium.
In addition to the activity of glutathione peroxidase, selenium-containing enzymes are involved in recycling of vitamin C from its spent form back to its active one, allowing for greater antioxidant protection.
Support Normal Thyroid Function
A selenium-containing enzyme is responsible for transforming a less active thyroid hormone called T4 into the more active T3. As you’ll see below in the Relationship with Other Nutrients section, selenium and iodine work together to keep thyroid function strong and consistent.
Like the antioxidant protection issue, this is not just an esoteric concern. Researchers have been able to induce problems with the thyroid gland in just two months of a low-selenium diet.
Probably, if you’ve read about food sources of selenium, you’ve read about Brazil nuts as a strong source of the mineral. Depending on where they are grown, this is likely to be true—one ounce of Brazil nuts may contain as much as 10 times the Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) recommendation for selenium intake.
Other exceptionally selenium-rich foods include oysters, clams, liver, and kidney. Each of these foods is likely to contain double to triple the DRI in a serving.
Fish and shellfish make up an outsized proportion of our excellent and very good sources. After these come other animal meats, many of which fall in the very good category. Close behind are whole grains and seeds, both of which are well-represented in our good selenium sources category.
Indian Inspired Baked Kale
Gluten Free, Vegetarian
Happily serves 2
ALL ORGANIC INGREDIENTS
1 TBSP Tahini or Almond butter
1 TBSP Coconut oil, melted
Zest of 1 Orange or Lime
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp garma masala
¼ tsp Cardamom
Optional: 1 TBSP Nutritional yeast
Optional: 1 TBSP Coconut Aminos to thin if you aren’t baking kale and just want a salad dressing.
Preheat oven at 275 degrees.
Prepare baking stone with parchment paper.
Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
In a large bowl, pour the dressing over the chopped kale.
Mix the dressing into the kale thoroughly, spread evenly on baking stone.
Make sure the leaves aren’t overlapping, this prevents sogginess.
Bake for 15 minutes and rotate pan.
Bake for another 15 minutes, check for crispness.
If the chips aren’t crisp yet, rotate again and bake for 5-10 minutes more.
Allow the chips to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
G.I. Detox (With Pyrophyllite Clay)
60 capsules $31.50
Removal of debris and toxins from the intestinal tract is an important part of any comprehensive cleansing program. G.I. Detox™ contains both pyrophyllite healing clay and activated charcoal for a simple and well tolerated cleansing regime.
-Removes Debris, Toxins and Accumulated Waste -Excellent Support when used with the Bioclear® Program -Assists in “Mop Up” Phase of Biofilm Treatment
General Cleansing for Adults: For twice monthly use: 1 – 2 capsules with a large glass of water 3 times daily taken between meals, for 3 days. During use of G.I. Detox eat a diet high in leafy greens and low in refined carbohydrates. A minimum of 64 ounces of water a day should be taken. Take 1 – 2 hours apart from other supplements or medications. When using G.I. Detox™ during a course of Biocidin® or Olivirex®, resume these at a lower dosage and gradually increase to the recommended levels again as the effects will be more powerful after the colon is cleansed.
Servings Per Container: 60
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving Proprietary Herbal Blend … 750mg Pyrophyllite Clay 562mg Activated Charcoal 188mg
Other Ingredients: Cellulose and water
Contains no allergens such as dairy, wheat, gluten, sugar, soy, preservatives, animal products, artificial flavorings or colorings.
For “mop-up” of die off reactions take 1 – 2 capsules of GI Detox™ 1 hour apart from Biocidin®, Olivirex® or other medications. Discontinue use should adverse reactions occur. Not intended for use during pregnancy.