now browsing by tag
HPA Axis: Daytime Maintenance
Gaia Herbs/Professional Solutions
60 capsules $30
120 capsules $50
Promotes a health response to stress* Maintaining a healthy stress response is necessary for overall health and wellbeing. Supporting the systems that aid the body in reacting and normalizing as stress occurs is critical in maintaining a healthy response to stress. Adrenal Health Daily Support provides nourishment to the adrenals, with a unique combination of pure and potent extracts.
Servings Per Container: 60 Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Adults take 2 capsules 2 times daily after meals or as directed by your health care provider.
Amount Per Serving: Calories … 10 Siberian Rhodiola root extract+ … 120mg (Rhodiola rosea)(6mg Rosavins) Holy Basil leaf Supercritical extract+ … 90mg (Ocimum sanctum)(3.86mg total Eugenols) Proprietary Extract Blend … 520mg Wild Oats milky seed fresh** (Avena sativa), Holy Basil leaf** (Ocimum sanctum), Schisandra berry+ (Schisandra chinensis), Ashwagandha root+ (Withania somnifera)
Other Ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, water, capsule (vegetable cellulose) and olive oil
** = Certified Organic Ingredient + = Ecologically Harvested
Not recommended during pregnancy or nursing without consulting your health care provider prior to use. Rhodiola should not be taken by individuals with bipolar disorder.
4 oz $38.95
THE LEADING SPORTS DRINK HAS 2 ELECTROLYTES.
This formula HAS 70!
* Great for athletes or anyone in need of proper hydration
* May promote restful sleep
* May prevent mineral deficiencies
* May increase alkalinity
Purium`s Ionic ElementsTM is a specially formulated combination of fulvic acid and ocean trace minerals – it is a great source of magnesium and other important nutrients such as electrolytes. A rare source of humic and fulvic base and use our proprietary (acid-free) refining method to accelerate the concentration and purity of the fulvic acid, which leaves it with a fresh, clean taste. We recommend adding Ionic ElementsTM to your Power ShakeTM or any other green drink or to your drinking water.
Servings per container: 25
Instructions: Adults take 20 drops three times per day. For optimum results, dilute with water and circulate the liquid in your mouth for ten to twenty seconds before swallowing. You can also simply drink it after diluting it in water or juice.
Turmeric Curcumin 1000mg
Patient One MediNutritionals
60 capsules $21.25
Promotes normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, immune, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function
Promotes immune system function
* Supports brain and joint health
* Promotes healthy liver, gall bladder and digestive function
* Free radical scavenging properties
* Supports cardiovascular function
* Black pepper included for enhanced absorption
Unique Properties Curcumin, a polyphenol nutrient found in the spice turmeric (Curcuma longa), has beneficial effects for nearly every organ system in the body. Used for its medicinal effects for centuries and extensively studied, Curcumin has been shown to help maintain the bodys normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, liver, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function. To enhance the normally poor bioavailability of curcumin, our potent formula also contains black pepper extract that promotes rapid absorption of nutrients from the gastrointestinal tract.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Patient One Turmeric Curcumin combines the benefits of both whole Turmeric root and Turmeric extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids), along with black pepper extract for enhanced absorption.
Curcumin is the orange pigment in turmeric (the primary ingredient in curry) and has been studied for its effective therapeutic outcomes acting as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, anticoagulant, immuno-modulatory activities and even in wound healing. Research suggests support for joint, eye, GI tract, liver, prostate and nerve health.
Curcumin supports production of B and T cells which is useful for promoting proper immune function. It also supports production of bile and enzymes that digest sugars and fats. This helps to maintain cholesterol levels within normal range. Turmeric supports intestinal flora and the mucus membranes of the body, including those of the digestive tract. As such, it may be beneficial after a course of antibiotics and for those with unbalanced intestinal flora. It also helps protect the stomach against excess acid and is used for its soothing effect on the mucosa of the gut.
Black Pepper Extract (as BioPerine®) It has been found that the therapeutic effectiveness of curcumin is often limited due to its poor absorption from the GI tract. When taken orally only traces appear in the blood, whereas most of the dose is excreted though the feces. Our formula includes BioPerine®, a patented extract derived from the common black pepper fruit that contains the alkaloid piperine. Black pepper has been shown to enhance the bioavailability and promote absorption of curcumin both in pre-clinical studies and in studies on human volunteers.
* Several studies have illustrated curcumins hepatoprotective effects, leading researchers to suggest its use in protecting the liver from exogenous insults from environmental toxins.
Servings Per Container: 60
Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a qualified healthcare professional.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving Turmeric Complex Proprietary Blend … 1000mg Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (root) and Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) (root) (Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids) BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract … 5mg (Piper nigrum) (fruit) (Standardized to contain 95% piperine)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice powder, l-leucine
This product is free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives. This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
BioPerine® is a registered trademark and patented product of Sabinsa Corporation
* Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, et al. Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta Med 1998 May;64(4):353-56. [PMID: 9619120]
* Jagetia GC, Aggarwal BB. “Spicing up” of the immune system by curcumin. J Clin Immunol. 2007 Jan;27(1):19-35. [PMID: 17211725]
* Funk JL, Oyarzo JN, Frye JB, et al. Turmeric extracts containing curcuminoids prevent experimental rheumatoid arthritis. J Nat Prod. 2006 Mar;69(3):351-55. [PMID: 16562833]
* Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Altern Med Rev. 2009 Jun;14(2):141-53. [PMID: 19594223]
* Ng T, et al. Am J Epidemiol. 2006;164:898-906.
* Sun AY, Wang Q, Simonyi A, et al. Botanical phenolics and brain health. Neuromolecular Med. 2008;10(4):259-74. [PMID: 19191039]
* Neelofar K, Shreaz S, Rimple B, et al. Curcumin as a promising anticandidal of clinical interest. Can J Microbiol. 2011 Mar;57(3):204-10. [PMID: 21358761]
* Epstein J, Docena G, MacDonald TT, et al. Curcumin suppresses p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation, reduces IL-1beta and matrix metalloproteinase-3 and enhances IL-10 in the mucosa of children and adults with inflammatory bowel disease. Br J Nutr. 2010 Mar;103(6):824-32. [PMID: 19878610]
* Ukil A, Maity S, Karmakar S, et al. Curcumin, the major component of food flavour turmeric, reduces mucosal injury in trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid-induced colitis. Br J Pharmacol. 2003 May;139(2):209-18. [PMID: 12770926]
* Holt PR, Katz S, Kirshoff R. Curcumin therapy in inflammatory bowel disease: a pilot study. Dig Dis Sci. 2005 Nov;50(11):2191-93. [PMID:16240238]
* Lal B, Kapoor AK, Asthana OP, et al. Efficacy of curcumin in the management of chronic anterior uveitis. Phytother Res. 1999 Jun;13(4):318-22. [PMID: 10404539]
* Xie L, Li XK, Takahara S. Curcumin has bright prospects for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Int Immunopharmacol . 2011 Mar;11(3):323-30. 
* Martins CV, da Silva DL, Neres AT, et al. Curcumin as a promising antifungal of clinical interest. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009 Feb;63(2):337-39. [PMID: 19038979]
* Mythri RB, Harish G, Dubey SK, et al. Glutamoyl diester of the dietary polyphenol curcumin offers improved protection against peroxynitrite-mediated nitrosative stress and damage of brain mitochondria in vitro: implications for Parkinsons disease. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011 Jan;347(1-2):135-43. [PMID: 20972609]
* Ravindran J, Prasad S, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin and cancer cells: how many ways can curry kill tumor cells selectively? AAPS J . 2009 Sep;11(3):495-510. [PMID: 9619120]
* Goel A, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin, the golden spice from Indian saffron, is a chemosensitizer and radiosensitizer for tumors and chemoprotector and radioprotector for normal organs. Nutr Cancer. 2010 Oct;62(7):919-30. [PMID: 20924967]
* Choi H, Chun YS, Shin YJ, et al. Curcumin attenuates cytochrome P450 induction in response to 2, 3, 7, 8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin by ROS- dependently degrading AhR and ARNT. Cancer Sci. 2008 Dec;99(12):2518-24. [PMID: 19018768]
* Zhang, Dong Wei, Chuang Fang Huang, Chang Fu Yang, Ren Zuo Liu, Ji Feng Wang, Jian Zhao Niu, and Dieter Bromme. “Antifibrotic Effects of Curcumin Are Associated with over Expression of Cathespins K and L in Bleomycin Treated Mice and Human Fibroblasts.” Respiratory Research. Respiratory Research, 2011.
* Davis, J. Mark. “Curcumin Effects on Inflammation and Performance Recovery following Eccentric Exercise-induced Muscle Damage.” Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. American Physiological Society, 2007.
* Karlstetter, Marcus, Elena Lippe, Yana Walczak, Chistoph Moehle, Alexander Aslanidis, Myriam Mirza, and Thomas Langmann. “Curcumin Is a Potent Modulator of Microglial Gene Expression and Migration.” Journal of Neuroinflammation. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2011.
If pregnant, nursing, have gall stones or gall bladder disease, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Individuals taking medication, especially blood thinners or cancer treatment, should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
G.I. Detox (With Pyrophyllite Clay)
60 capsules $31.50
Removal of debris and toxins from the intestinal tract is an important part of any comprehensive cleansing program. G.I. Detox™ contains both pyrophyllite healing clay and activated charcoal for a simple and well tolerated cleansing regime.
-Removes Debris, Toxins and Accumulated Waste -Excellent Support when used with the Bioclear® Program -Assists in “Mop Up” Phase of Biofilm Treatment
General Cleansing for Adults: For twice monthly use: 1 – 2 capsules with a large glass of water 3 times daily taken between meals, for 3 days. During use of G.I. Detox eat a diet high in leafy greens and low in refined carbohydrates. A minimum of 64 ounces of water a day should be taken. Take 1 – 2 hours apart from other supplements or medications. When using G.I. Detox™ during a course of Biocidin® or Olivirex®, resume these at a lower dosage and gradually increase to the recommended levels again as the effects will be more powerful after the colon is cleansed.
Servings Per Container: 60
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving Proprietary Herbal Blend … 750mg Pyrophyllite Clay 562mg Activated Charcoal 188mg
Other Ingredients: Cellulose and water
Contains no allergens such as dairy, wheat, gluten, sugar, soy, preservatives, animal products, artificial flavorings or colorings.
For “mop-up” of die off reactions take 1 – 2 capsules of GI Detox™ 1 hour apart from Biocidin®, Olivirex® or other medications. Discontinue use should adverse reactions occur. Not intended for use during pregnancy.
Colloidal Silver Spray 30PPM
Trace Minerals Research
4 oz. $22.99
Colloidal Silver is a dietary supplement with over 30 ppm per serving of 99.999% pure colloidal silver to support and maintain a healthy immune system.* We use proprietary technology to process this high quality colloidal silver for maximum effectiveness.
Servings Per Container: 118
Adults take 6 sprays orally 3 times daily for one week. Then take 3 sprays, 3 times daily until desired results are attained. Children age 2-12 take 3 sprays orally, 3 times daily for one week. Then take 1 spray, 3 times daily until desired results are attained. Do not exceed the recommended daily serving without consulting your health care provider.
Serving Size: 6 Sprays (1 mL)
Amount Per Serving Silver … 30ppm
Ingredients: Distilled and ozonated water. Contains no additives, coloring or stabilizers.
If you missed the Local education night here is a few things we discussed:
Muscle building with Plant Protein
*How do you support a body on a plant based diet without eating meat?
Earth is the ultimate prism. Every green plant captures a different wavelength of light and energy from the sun. A collection of juices from sea plants, field grasses and garden vegetables will alkalize your body, build up your blood, and cleanse your cells.
What is a Carbohydrate? Fruit, vegetable, starch, grain, pasta
What is a Protein? Animal meat, dairy
What is a Fat? Nut, seed or oil
How Much do we need daily? Age/Gender/Health History
Carbs: Weight loss must be under 50g a day, aim for no more than 30g of carbs at a meal and 8g of sugars within those carbs. Think higher fiber foods.
Protein: 1g per 1kg body weight (think about half your body weight)
Fat: 25-30% daily calories can come from the pure sources of healthy fats.
***Ratios are different for everyone and Should be evaluated by a Certified Health Professional or Holistic Professional based on your health history.***
What are Amino Acids? What do they do?
Assists with the stabilization or recovery of muscle strength, endurance, and volume
Helps keep body tissues firm
Helps minimize body fat
May support a weight loss regimen
Aid in normalizing protein synthesis
If the essential amino acids are not present in the daily diet the body will break down existing proteins in order to supply the body with the missing amino acids.
Essential Amino Acids:
Cannot be produced in our body and thus must be consumed in our diets. The essential amino acids humans cannot synthesize are:
Phenylalanine, valine, threonine, tryptophan, methionine, leucine, isoleucine, lysine, and histidine. (Arginine is mostly required in young children and not as important as adults)
Non-Essential Amino Acids: These can be synthesized by the body.
Proteins drive ALL functions of the various organs of the human body.
Alanine (from pyruvic acid)
Arginine (from glutamic acid)
Asparagine (from aspartic acid)
Aspartic Acid (from oxaloacetic acid)
Glutamic Acid (from oxoglutaric acid)
Glutamine (from glutamic acid)
Glycine (from serine and threonine)
Proline (from glutamic acid)
Serine (from glucose)
Tyrosine (from phenylalanine)
If you fail to obtain even just one out of the essential amino acids, your body’s proteins so not complete and the body is forced to steal from bones and elsewhere to create metabolic processes in your body. Also, unlike fats and carbohydrates, your body does not store excess supplies of amino acids for later use – you need a regular supply of them everyday.
Foods with amino acids include animal and vegetable sources. Most of the animal sources such as meat, eggs and milk are considered to be “complete protein sources” meaning that these contain all the essential amino acids that your body needs.
Vegetables are also good amino acid food sources but most of them do not usually contain all essential aminos.
Amino Acid Deficiency and Supplementation
Many people who are sick, fatigued, or trying weight loss programs, vegetarians or Vegans consume insufficient amounts of protein. Thus, supplementation of amino acids has been increasingly necessary. B6 and B12 are the most common of deficiencies when not consuming animal protein.
Non Meat Forms of Amino Acids: Think SEA LIFE!
*How can I combat muscle fatigue or just plain being tired all the time?
More GREEN foods create energy in the body! How do plants grow? They need sun, water, rest, minerals and vitamins, and time.
Antioxidant Rich foods: EAT FROM THE RAINBOW!
YELLOW/ORANGE: Beta Carotene & Beta Crytoxanthin
GREEN FOOD BASICS:
*Green foods have a high content of chlorophyll due to porphyrin rings.
* Chlorophyll and heme units of red blood cells are virtually identical except the center molecule
* Heme units are the building blocks for red blood cells
* Therefore, all green foods help the body to create new blood.
*How do we use food as medicine so we can fuel the body, heal and repair?
Basic Weight management Strategies and Lifestyle Strategies
2-Nutrient Density-Organic Foods. **A MUST!!!**
3-Balance-60-80% Alkalizing (pH Balance)
4-Moderation-Limited Refined Sugar
5-Calorie Control=Calorie Restriction
6-Variety= Seasonal Eating VS Emotional Eating
Refer to www.healthywithjodi.com for my Sweet 16 Eating Healthy Guidelines and how to achieve balance.
Definitions and menu DeCoding:
Vegan: A strict vegetarian who consumes no products from an animal, such as meat eggs or dairy products or stains from using animal products such as the leather.
Vegetarian: does not eat or believe in eating meat, fish, Fowl or any food drive from animals such as eggs or cheese. Uses fruits, vegetables, and grains for food sources.
Paleo: consume vegetables, fruits, nuts, lean meats, no grains, no processed foods.
Pescatarians: do not eat any land animals or birds such as beef pork chicken or turkey. Will eat fish and other seafood such as shrimp and clams. They do eat fruits, vegetables, beans, greens and nuts.
Lacto vegetarian: includes vegetables and dairy products such as milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, ghee, cream, Keefer but excludes eggs.
Food Catagories: Do you now what you are eating and how to combine them? (Just a few listed below)
Whole Grain, Gluten
Tamari, Coconut Aminos, Soy Sauce
Flax Seed, Chia Seed, hemp hearts, Tahini
Hummus, lentils, Tofu, beans
Nut Meat, Nut Milk, Quinoa
Micro greens, Sprouts
Spices: parts of the plant other than the leafy bit such as the root, stem, Bulb, bark or seeds ex: cinnamon, cloves, ginger and pepper.
Herbs: come from the leafy and green part of the plant. Ex: Basil, oregano, rosemary, Parsley, mint.
Spices and herbs add MAJOR nutrients to your meals, you can achieve therapeutic ranges when you use ORGANIC spices/herbs daily. Www.superfoodly.com
*What do I pair together to equal complete protein meal?
A nut or seed plus a legume equals a complete Protein.
BASIC PROTEIN NUTRITION INFO:**Even though you are worried about getting enough protein, you need to watch the Carbohydrate content of your meal. **
1/2 cup beans: average 7g protein Black, 7g protein garbanzo (20g carbs) 120 cal
1 small sweet potato: Not a nightshade 2g protein (22g carbs) 95 cal
1/2 cup yam: 2g protein (22g carb) ROOT Vegetable 95 cal
1/2 cup lentils (Legumes): average 9g protein (20g carb) 7g fiber
1/4cup Quinoa equals a cup cooked: 6g protein (29g carbs) 160 cal.
HAS ALL 9 ESSENTIAL AA
1 TBSP or 1/8cup nuts: walnuts: 2g protein (1g carb) 90cal
1 TBSP seeds: flax seeds: 3g protein (7g carb) 60 cal
1/2 cup brown rice: 5g protein (23g carbs) 150 cal
1/2 cup Black Rice: 10 LESS carbs than brown rice
4oz Tofu: 9g protein (3g carbs) 90cal
1/2 cup Soy beans: 14g (9g carbs) 150 cal
1 cup Avocado: balanced Meal!!! 3g protein (11g carbs) 7g fiber 22g fat 250 cal
(CNN)You are not the only one who thrives in the summer and loves its warm, long days. Bacteria and other microbes that cause food poisoning, diarrhea and just general grossness also flourish, threatening to make it a season to be sick.