now browsing by tag
Control Pre-Meal CapsulesTM
30 servings $38.95
Self-control now comes in a capsule
* Can help curb cravings and reduce appetite
* Neutralizes starches found in processed carbohydrates
* Can support stabilized blood glucose
* May enhance mental alertness, endurance and stamina
* Helps you feel satisfied faster and takes the edge off your cravings
Purium`s CONTROL Pre-Meal CapsulesTM are specifically designed to help you eat less and reduce the impact of simple carbohydrates and sugars, lessening the possibility that your body will convert them into fat. It is a great addition to any weight loss regimen.
Instructions: Take two capsules three times per day (approximately one hour prior to meals) with 8oz of water or, take two to three capsules prior to any fatty meal or dessert followed by 8oz of water.
* Nopal (Opuntia Streptacantha): promotes weight loss by absorbing water and providing a feeling of satiety. It has a positive effect on blood sugar and helps reduce the appetite and control carbohydrate cravings. It can also reduce cholesterol by promoting the excretion of fats from the body, and aids digestion by absorbing toxins from the bowel as well as increasing the rate at which food passes through the system.
* Garcinia Cambogia (fruit): inhibits the synthesis of fatty acids in the liver and promotes an increased availability of glycogen in the liver, thus sending a “full” signal to the brain sooner.
* Green Tea Extract: Extract: research has found that green tea increases the amount of energy spent by the body and holds promise as a treatment for obesity and other weight problems.
* American Ginseng (Panax quinquefolius): Dr Lin Yutang, a Chinese research scientist who spent a lifetime learning about ginseng, summed up his work by saying that, “The magic tonic and building qualities of ginseng are the most enduring, the most energy-giving, restorative qualities known to mankind, yet it is distinguished by the slowness and gentleness of its action.”
* White Kidney Bean Extract (Phaseolus Vulgaris):
Final word from Dave:
Drawing from the wisdom of ancient culture, we have put together a product for the ages. From the shaman we take Opuntia, from Chinese medicine – Green Tea, from Ayurvedic – the garcinia cambogia, and the power of White American Ginseng and the newly discovered effect of the amazing white kidney bean. Brought together to give you the ultimate in CONTROL, self control, appetite control, glucose control, energy and most importantly, your weight. - Dave Sandoval
HPA Axis: Daytime Maintenance
Gaia Herbs/Professional Solutions
60 capsules $30
120 capsules $50
Promotes a health response to stress* Maintaining a healthy stress response is necessary for overall health and wellbeing. Supporting the systems that aid the body in reacting and normalizing as stress occurs is critical in maintaining a healthy response to stress. Adrenal Health Daily Support provides nourishment to the adrenals, with a unique combination of pure and potent extracts.
Servings Per Container: 60 Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Adults take 2 capsules 2 times daily after meals or as directed by your health care provider.
Amount Per Serving: Calories … 10 Siberian Rhodiola root extract+ … 120mg (Rhodiola rosea)(6mg Rosavins) Holy Basil leaf Supercritical extract+ … 90mg (Ocimum sanctum)(3.86mg total Eugenols) Proprietary Extract Blend … 520mg Wild Oats milky seed fresh** (Avena sativa), Holy Basil leaf** (Ocimum sanctum), Schisandra berry+ (Schisandra chinensis), Ashwagandha root+ (Withania somnifera)
Other Ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, water, capsule (vegetable cellulose) and olive oil
** = Certified Organic Ingredient + = Ecologically Harvested
Not recommended during pregnancy or nursing without consulting your health care provider prior to use. Rhodiola should not be taken by individuals with bipolar disorder.
Turmeric Curcumin 1000mg
Patient One MediNutritionals
60 capsules $21.25
Promotes normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, immune, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function
Promotes immune system function
* Supports brain and joint health
* Promotes healthy liver, gall bladder and digestive function
* Free radical scavenging properties
* Supports cardiovascular function
* Black pepper included for enhanced absorption
Unique Properties Curcumin, a polyphenol nutrient found in the spice turmeric (Curcuma longa), has beneficial effects for nearly every organ system in the body. Used for its medicinal effects for centuries and extensively studied, Curcumin has been shown to help maintain the bodys normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, liver, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function. To enhance the normally poor bioavailability of curcumin, our potent formula also contains black pepper extract that promotes rapid absorption of nutrients from the gastrointestinal tract.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Patient One Turmeric Curcumin combines the benefits of both whole Turmeric root and Turmeric extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids), along with black pepper extract for enhanced absorption.
Curcumin is the orange pigment in turmeric (the primary ingredient in curry) and has been studied for its effective therapeutic outcomes acting as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, anticoagulant, immuno-modulatory activities and even in wound healing. Research suggests support for joint, eye, GI tract, liver, prostate and nerve health.
Curcumin supports production of B and T cells which is useful for promoting proper immune function. It also supports production of bile and enzymes that digest sugars and fats. This helps to maintain cholesterol levels within normal range. Turmeric supports intestinal flora and the mucus membranes of the body, including those of the digestive tract. As such, it may be beneficial after a course of antibiotics and for those with unbalanced intestinal flora. It also helps protect the stomach against excess acid and is used for its soothing effect on the mucosa of the gut.
Black Pepper Extract (as BioPerine®) It has been found that the therapeutic effectiveness of curcumin is often limited due to its poor absorption from the GI tract. When taken orally only traces appear in the blood, whereas most of the dose is excreted though the feces. Our formula includes BioPerine®, a patented extract derived from the common black pepper fruit that contains the alkaloid piperine. Black pepper has been shown to enhance the bioavailability and promote absorption of curcumin both in pre-clinical studies and in studies on human volunteers.
* Several studies have illustrated curcumins hepatoprotective effects, leading researchers to suggest its use in protecting the liver from exogenous insults from environmental toxins.
Servings Per Container: 60
Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a qualified healthcare professional.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving Turmeric Complex Proprietary Blend … 1000mg Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (root) and Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) (root) (Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids) BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract … 5mg (Piper nigrum) (fruit) (Standardized to contain 95% piperine)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice powder, l-leucine
This product is free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives. This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
BioPerine® is a registered trademark and patented product of Sabinsa Corporation
* Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, et al. Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta Med 1998 May;64(4):353-56. [PMID: 9619120]
* Jagetia GC, Aggarwal BB. “Spicing up” of the immune system by curcumin. J Clin Immunol. 2007 Jan;27(1):19-35. [PMID: 17211725]
* Funk JL, Oyarzo JN, Frye JB, et al. Turmeric extracts containing curcuminoids prevent experimental rheumatoid arthritis. J Nat Prod. 2006 Mar;69(3):351-55. [PMID: 16562833]
* Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Altern Med Rev. 2009 Jun;14(2):141-53. [PMID: 19594223]
* Ng T, et al. Am J Epidemiol. 2006;164:898-906.
* Sun AY, Wang Q, Simonyi A, et al. Botanical phenolics and brain health. Neuromolecular Med. 2008;10(4):259-74. [PMID: 19191039]
* Neelofar K, Shreaz S, Rimple B, et al. Curcumin as a promising anticandidal of clinical interest. Can J Microbiol. 2011 Mar;57(3):204-10. [PMID: 21358761]
* Epstein J, Docena G, MacDonald TT, et al. Curcumin suppresses p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation, reduces IL-1beta and matrix metalloproteinase-3 and enhances IL-10 in the mucosa of children and adults with inflammatory bowel disease. Br J Nutr. 2010 Mar;103(6):824-32. [PMID: 19878610]
* Ukil A, Maity S, Karmakar S, et al. Curcumin, the major component of food flavour turmeric, reduces mucosal injury in trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid-induced colitis. Br J Pharmacol. 2003 May;139(2):209-18. [PMID: 12770926]
* Holt PR, Katz S, Kirshoff R. Curcumin therapy in inflammatory bowel disease: a pilot study. Dig Dis Sci. 2005 Nov;50(11):2191-93. [PMID:16240238]
* Lal B, Kapoor AK, Asthana OP, et al. Efficacy of curcumin in the management of chronic anterior uveitis. Phytother Res. 1999 Jun;13(4):318-22. [PMID: 10404539]
* Xie L, Li XK, Takahara S. Curcumin has bright prospects for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Int Immunopharmacol . 2011 Mar;11(3):323-30. 
* Martins CV, da Silva DL, Neres AT, et al. Curcumin as a promising antifungal of clinical interest. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009 Feb;63(2):337-39. [PMID: 19038979]
* Mythri RB, Harish G, Dubey SK, et al. Glutamoyl diester of the dietary polyphenol curcumin offers improved protection against peroxynitrite-mediated nitrosative stress and damage of brain mitochondria in vitro: implications for Parkinsons disease. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011 Jan;347(1-2):135-43. [PMID: 20972609]
* Ravindran J, Prasad S, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin and cancer cells: how many ways can curry kill tumor cells selectively? AAPS J . 2009 Sep;11(3):495-510. [PMID: 9619120]
* Goel A, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin, the golden spice from Indian saffron, is a chemosensitizer and radiosensitizer for tumors and chemoprotector and radioprotector for normal organs. Nutr Cancer. 2010 Oct;62(7):919-30. [PMID: 20924967]
* Choi H, Chun YS, Shin YJ, et al. Curcumin attenuates cytochrome P450 induction in response to 2, 3, 7, 8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin by ROS- dependently degrading AhR and ARNT. Cancer Sci. 2008 Dec;99(12):2518-24. [PMID: 19018768]
* Zhang, Dong Wei, Chuang Fang Huang, Chang Fu Yang, Ren Zuo Liu, Ji Feng Wang, Jian Zhao Niu, and Dieter Bromme. “Antifibrotic Effects of Curcumin Are Associated with over Expression of Cathespins K and L in Bleomycin Treated Mice and Human Fibroblasts.” Respiratory Research. Respiratory Research, 2011.
* Davis, J. Mark. “Curcumin Effects on Inflammation and Performance Recovery following Eccentric Exercise-induced Muscle Damage.” Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. American Physiological Society, 2007.
* Karlstetter, Marcus, Elena Lippe, Yana Walczak, Chistoph Moehle, Alexander Aslanidis, Myriam Mirza, and Thomas Langmann. “Curcumin Is a Potent Modulator of Microglial Gene Expression and Migration.” Journal of Neuroinflammation. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2011.
If pregnant, nursing, have gall stones or gall bladder disease, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Individuals taking medication, especially blood thinners or cancer treatment, should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
Ther-Biotic Detox Support
High-potency, 50+ billion CFUs.
Ther-Biotic Detoxification Support delivers large amounts of specific probiotics to the intestinal tract to complement detoxification protocols such as broad-spectrum antibiotics, anti-fungal/anti-microbial medications, or heavy metal chelating agents that can compromise friendly flora. Toxins and metabolic by-products generated during use of these agents can exacerbate intestinal dysbiosis and disturb the healthy balance of intestinal flora.
Ther-Biotic Detoxification Support provides two colonizing Lactobacillus and one endogenous Bifidobacterium probiotic species that can support the body’s natural detoxification process by metabolizing or reducing the uptake of toxins in the gut thereby facilitating the elimination of toxins and by-products from the intestinal tract. Formulated with 50+ billion CFUs per capsule, Ther- Biotic Detoxification Support uses our proprietary InTactic technology to ensure maximum delivery of live microorganisms throughout the intestinal tract. Once a healthy balance of intestinal flora is achieved, use of Ther-Biotic Complete or Vital-10 is recommended for daily maintenance. This product is often suitable for individuals adhering to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) program.*
FUNCTIONS OF PROBIOTIC STRAINS IN THER-BIOTIC DETOXIFICATION SUPPORT Lactobacilllus rhamnosus • Favorably enhances innate and acquired immunity • Modulates immune tolerance and inhibits production of the proinflammatory cytokines • Outstanding adherence to colon epithelial cell lines • Suppresses the internalization of pathogenic Escherichia coli
Bifidobacterium bifidum • Colonizes the large intestine and vaginal tract controlling yeast populations • Competes with pathogens for nutrients and attachment sites • Produces acetic & lactic acids, lowering colonic pH and inhibiting pathogens • Suppresses total & antigen-specific IgE production • Promotes IgA response to C. difficile toxin A
Lactobacillus casei • Makes a number of proline-specific peptidases enabling efficient break down of casein, casein-derived polypeptides, and gluten • Beneficially modulates cells associated with innate immune responses • Enhances the number of IgA-producing cells • Decreases the secretion of proinflammatory cytokines
Servings Per Container: 60
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) capsule daily or as directed by a physician.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving Probiotic Blend … 285mg Lactobacillus rhamnosus … 20+ billion CFUs Lactobacillus casei … 20+ billion CFUs Bifidobacterium bifidum … 10+ billion CFUs
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, water), InTactic proprietary polysaccharide complex, and L-leucine.
*Contains InTactic polysaccharide complex that may not be suitable for strict
adherence with SCD protocols.
60 softgels $38.95
120 softgels $69.95
-Double-strength EPA+DHA for more omega-3s in fewer soft gels plus 100mg ubiquinone-form CoQ10 -Synergistic heart support -Promotes brain and neurological health
ProOmega CoQ10 provides the same powerful EPA+DHA formula as our ProOmega, with the added heart health benefits of CoQ10. This formula helps supply the heart with the ATP it needs, and protects heart tissue from oxidative stress and damage.
Servings Per Container: 30
Two soft gels daily, with food, or as directed by your health care professional or pharmacist.
Serving Size: 2 soft gels
Amount Per Serving: Calories …20 Calories from Fat …18 Total Fat …2.0g Saturated Fat …0.1g Trans Fat …0g Coenzyme Q10 …100mg
Total Omega-3s …1280mg EPA …650mg (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) DHA …450mg (Docosahexaenoic Acid) Other Omega-3s …180mg
Ingredients: purified deep sea fish oil (from anchovies and sardines), soft gel capsule (gelatin, glycerin, purified water, caramel color, natural lemon flavor), coenzyme Q10, beeswax, d-alpha tocopherol, rosemary extract (a natural preservative)
No gluten, milk derivatives, or artificial colors or flavors. Non-GMO.
What does Eating Healthy Mean?
1- Mitochondrial Energy Production:
Mitochondria definition: and organelle found in large number in most cells, in which the biochemical process of energy production occurs. It has an inner and outer layer.
2-Organic sourced foods: look up EWG.org
The environmental working group is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to protecting human health and the environment. Learn what organic means
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is a great resource
3- Delayed food allergens: and allergy is an adverse reaction due to immunologic mechanism. A delayed onset food allergy is an auto immune disease that causes your immune system to overact when you ingest certain foods. The immune cells mistakenly attack food particles and treat them as foreign invaders and produce anti-bodies to try to fight what they perceive as toxins. Known allergies we can the immune and digestive systems, draining the body of energy.
Energetic Health Institute…an innovative 501(c)3 California Non-Profit & Gold Rated by GuideStar.org for transparency. School approved by the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP)
I’m a Certified Holistic Nutritionist who can order you the right lab work to complete and over see this process.
4- 60% Alkalizing pH scale 0-14 Acid vs. Alkaline
Certain foods can effect of the acidity and pH of bodily fluids, including the urine or blood, and therefore can be used to treat and prevent disease
5- Green Food
Chlorophyll turns into new blood. Green promotes health and energy.
6- ORAC Value of Food
Oxygen radical absorbance capacity Is the unit of measurements of antioxidants found in food. (calories are a unit of energy)
A healthy adult has approx 5 liters of blood circulating at any given moment and needs 1 teaspoon of sugar available during a fasting state. That’s all the body needs to function.
12-ounces of soda or energy drinks typically contain approx 10 tsp of sugar. That raises the blood sugar 10x above what the body needs to function and typically within a matter of minutes.
1 Teaspoon of Sugar = Approx 4 Grams of Sugar
Take the total grams of refined sugar & divide by 4 to learn how many teaspoons of sugar you are consuming per serving.
Think Real food
9- Fiber: 8-12 grams per meal. Average 25-30 grams a day.
Adds bulk to you diet and aids in digestion.
Insoluble fiber: found in wheat, bran, vegetables, and whole grains. It helps speed passage of food through the stomach and intestines.
Soluble Fiber: attacks water and turns into gel, slowing digestion. Found in foods like oat bran, barley, nuts, seeds, beans, lentils, peas, and some other veggies and fruits. Can help lower cholesterol.
Raw foods contain enzymes. Enzymes help break down food and aid in digestion.
Proteases: breaks down Protein
Lipase: breaks down fat
Amylase: breaks downs carbs
11- Healthy Preparation Methods
12-Environmentally Safe Meats and Fish
13-Environmentally safe Cookware
14-Friends and Family MOODS
15- Beverage 8oz or less
16- Burn off what you consume!
Are you tired of getting sick? Antioxidants could be the answer…
Antioxidants have been around since the beginning of time. We often hear about them on commercials, or talk shows. Most people don’t realize that the food that we eat or don’t eat will make the difference in our overall health. The benefits of antioxidants can be found in plant based diets, fruits and vegetables, nuts, and antioxidant vitamins. Many antioxidant rich foods are called super foods. This article is a great way to understand what foods will arm your body with the defenses that it needs to fight off sickness and infection. We will dive into the health benefits of the top 10 antioxidant rich foods. You should definitely add these to your diet.
|antioxidants||A substance that reduces damage due to oxygen, such as that caused by free radicals. Well-known antioxidants include enzymes and other substances, such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta carotene, which are capable of counteracting the damaging effects of oxidation. Antioxidants are also commonly added to food products such as vegetable oils and prepared foods to prevent or delay their deterioration from the action of air. Antioxidants may possibly reduce the risks of cancer. Antioxidants clearly slow the progression of age-related macular degeneration.|
|oxidative stress||reflects an imbalance between the systemic manifestation of reactive oxygen species and a biological system’s ability to readily detoxify the reactive intermediates or to repair the resulting damage. Disturbances in the normal redox state of cells can cause toxic effects through the production of peroxides and free radicals that damage all components of the cell, including proteins, lipids, and DNA.|
|free radical formation||Free radicals are atoms or groups of atoms with an odd (unpaired) number of electrons and can be formed when oxygen interacts with certain molecules. Once formed these highly reactive radicals can start a chain reaction, like dominoes. Their chief danger comes from the damage they can do when they react with important cellular components such as DNA, or the cell membrane. Cells may function poorly or die if this occurs. To prevent free radical damage the body has a defense system of antioxidants.|
|oxygen radical absorbance capacity||ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity. It’s a lab test that attempts to quantify the “total antioxidant capacity” (TAC) of a food by placing a sample of the food in a test tube, along with certain molecules that generate free radical activity and certain other molecules that are vulnerable to oxidation . After a while, they measure how well the sample protected the vulnerable molecules from oxidation by the free radicals. The less free radical damage there is, the higher the antioxidant capacity of the test substance. There are actually a handful of different tests designed to measure total antioxidant capacity in this way, but the ORAC is probably the best known and most popular
|inflammation||Inflammation and Antioxidants,
Apple Cider Vinegar
- lowers cholesterol
- boost energy
- reduces cramping and lactic acid
- helps bad breath
- controls blood sugar
- supports heart health
- whitens teeth
- boost immune system function/fights infection
- aids in cancer prevention
- fights inflammation
- promotes total body detoxification
- acts as an antidote for nausea
- reduces inflammation – arthritis – headaches
- stimulates circulation
- inhibits rhinovirus – a cause of the common cold
- fights salmonella
- reduces gas and intestinal pain
- fights cancer
- detoxifies the liver
- relieves sinus pressure
- treats urinary tract infections
- reduces bloating
- aids in muscle soreness
- decrease risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease
- promotes healthy hair and complexion
- great source of vitamin C
- reduce risk of colorectal and other intestinal cancers
- improve mood and help with depression
- reduce risk of diabetes and obesity
- great cancer fighter
- reduces cholesterol and heart disease
- lowers inflammation
- treats foot or nail fungus
- kills parasites or infection
- minimizes sinus infection and cold symptoms
- great for cleaning when mixed with lemon and vinegar
- helps with chronic inflammation
- reduces symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis
- improves mood and aids in depression
- lowers blood glucose levels
- inhibits cancer cell growth
- has anti-aging properties
- reduces acid reflux
- decreases migrane symptoms
- aid in genital herpes outbreaks
- helps cure strep throat
- reduces urinary tract infections
- cures yeast infections
- cancer fighting properties
- aids in nausea and upset stomach
- natural cough suppressant
- assists in blood sugar regulation
- heals ulcers
- good cholesterol regulator
It is not hard to see the benefits of these powerful antioxidants. If you work them into your diet your will surely see and feel the difference. In addition to these awesome foods, a green drink will work wonders for your overall health and well being. If you enjoyed this article, then I assume that you like to know what is in your food and why it is good for you. This book is the best book I have ever found for understanding the ‘whys’ about food. If you have any questions about fitness or nutrition, email Jodi at email@example.com .