now browsing by tag
Turmeric Curcumin 1000mg
Patient One MediNutritionals
60 capsules $21.25
Promotes normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, immune, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function
Promotes immune system function
* Supports brain and joint health
* Promotes healthy liver, gall bladder and digestive function
* Free radical scavenging properties
* Supports cardiovascular function
* Black pepper included for enhanced absorption
Unique Properties Curcumin, a polyphenol nutrient found in the spice turmeric (Curcuma longa), has beneficial effects for nearly every organ system in the body. Used for its medicinal effects for centuries and extensively studied, Curcumin has been shown to help maintain the bodys normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, liver, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function. To enhance the normally poor bioavailability of curcumin, our potent formula also contains black pepper extract that promotes rapid absorption of nutrients from the gastrointestinal tract.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Patient One Turmeric Curcumin combines the benefits of both whole Turmeric root and Turmeric extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids), along with black pepper extract for enhanced absorption.
Curcumin is the orange pigment in turmeric (the primary ingredient in curry) and has been studied for its effective therapeutic outcomes acting as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, anticoagulant, immuno-modulatory activities and even in wound healing. Research suggests support for joint, eye, GI tract, liver, prostate and nerve health.
Curcumin supports production of B and T cells which is useful for promoting proper immune function. It also supports production of bile and enzymes that digest sugars and fats. This helps to maintain cholesterol levels within normal range. Turmeric supports intestinal flora and the mucus membranes of the body, including those of the digestive tract. As such, it may be beneficial after a course of antibiotics and for those with unbalanced intestinal flora. It also helps protect the stomach against excess acid and is used for its soothing effect on the mucosa of the gut.
Black Pepper Extract (as BioPerine®) It has been found that the therapeutic effectiveness of curcumin is often limited due to its poor absorption from the GI tract. When taken orally only traces appear in the blood, whereas most of the dose is excreted though the feces. Our formula includes BioPerine®, a patented extract derived from the common black pepper fruit that contains the alkaloid piperine. Black pepper has been shown to enhance the bioavailability and promote absorption of curcumin both in pre-clinical studies and in studies on human volunteers.
* Several studies have illustrated curcumins hepatoprotective effects, leading researchers to suggest its use in protecting the liver from exogenous insults from environmental toxins.
Servings Per Container: 60
Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a qualified healthcare professional.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving Turmeric Complex Proprietary Blend … 1000mg Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (root) and Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) (root) (Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids) BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract … 5mg (Piper nigrum) (fruit) (Standardized to contain 95% piperine)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice powder, l-leucine
This product is free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives. This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
BioPerine® is a registered trademark and patented product of Sabinsa Corporation
* Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, et al. Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta Med 1998 May;64(4):353-56. [PMID: 9619120]
* Jagetia GC, Aggarwal BB. “Spicing up” of the immune system by curcumin. J Clin Immunol. 2007 Jan;27(1):19-35. [PMID: 17211725]
* Funk JL, Oyarzo JN, Frye JB, et al. Turmeric extracts containing curcuminoids prevent experimental rheumatoid arthritis. J Nat Prod. 2006 Mar;69(3):351-55. [PMID: 16562833]
* Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Altern Med Rev. 2009 Jun;14(2):141-53. [PMID: 19594223]
* Ng T, et al. Am J Epidemiol. 2006;164:898-906.
* Sun AY, Wang Q, Simonyi A, et al. Botanical phenolics and brain health. Neuromolecular Med. 2008;10(4):259-74. [PMID: 19191039]
* Neelofar K, Shreaz S, Rimple B, et al. Curcumin as a promising anticandidal of clinical interest. Can J Microbiol. 2011 Mar;57(3):204-10. [PMID: 21358761]
* Epstein J, Docena G, MacDonald TT, et al. Curcumin suppresses p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation, reduces IL-1beta and matrix metalloproteinase-3 and enhances IL-10 in the mucosa of children and adults with inflammatory bowel disease. Br J Nutr. 2010 Mar;103(6):824-32. [PMID: 19878610]
* Ukil A, Maity S, Karmakar S, et al. Curcumin, the major component of food flavour turmeric, reduces mucosal injury in trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid-induced colitis. Br J Pharmacol. 2003 May;139(2):209-18. [PMID: 12770926]
* Holt PR, Katz S, Kirshoff R. Curcumin therapy in inflammatory bowel disease: a pilot study. Dig Dis Sci. 2005 Nov;50(11):2191-93. [PMID:16240238]
* Lal B, Kapoor AK, Asthana OP, et al. Efficacy of curcumin in the management of chronic anterior uveitis. Phytother Res. 1999 Jun;13(4):318-22. [PMID: 10404539]
* Xie L, Li XK, Takahara S. Curcumin has bright prospects for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Int Immunopharmacol . 2011 Mar;11(3):323-30. 
* Martins CV, da Silva DL, Neres AT, et al. Curcumin as a promising antifungal of clinical interest. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009 Feb;63(2):337-39. [PMID: 19038979]
* Mythri RB, Harish G, Dubey SK, et al. Glutamoyl diester of the dietary polyphenol curcumin offers improved protection against peroxynitrite-mediated nitrosative stress and damage of brain mitochondria in vitro: implications for Parkinsons disease. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011 Jan;347(1-2):135-43. [PMID: 20972609]
* Ravindran J, Prasad S, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin and cancer cells: how many ways can curry kill tumor cells selectively? AAPS J . 2009 Sep;11(3):495-510. [PMID: 9619120]
* Goel A, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin, the golden spice from Indian saffron, is a chemosensitizer and radiosensitizer for tumors and chemoprotector and radioprotector for normal organs. Nutr Cancer. 2010 Oct;62(7):919-30. [PMID: 20924967]
* Choi H, Chun YS, Shin YJ, et al. Curcumin attenuates cytochrome P450 induction in response to 2, 3, 7, 8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin by ROS- dependently degrading AhR and ARNT. Cancer Sci. 2008 Dec;99(12):2518-24. [PMID: 19018768]
* Zhang, Dong Wei, Chuang Fang Huang, Chang Fu Yang, Ren Zuo Liu, Ji Feng Wang, Jian Zhao Niu, and Dieter Bromme. “Antifibrotic Effects of Curcumin Are Associated with over Expression of Cathespins K and L in Bleomycin Treated Mice and Human Fibroblasts.” Respiratory Research. Respiratory Research, 2011.
* Davis, J. Mark. “Curcumin Effects on Inflammation and Performance Recovery following Eccentric Exercise-induced Muscle Damage.” Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. American Physiological Society, 2007.
* Karlstetter, Marcus, Elena Lippe, Yana Walczak, Chistoph Moehle, Alexander Aslanidis, Myriam Mirza, and Thomas Langmann. “Curcumin Is a Potent Modulator of Microglial Gene Expression and Migration.” Journal of Neuroinflammation. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2011.
If pregnant, nursing, have gall stones or gall bladder disease, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Individuals taking medication, especially blood thinners or cancer treatment, should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
Candida Control™ includes two enzymes for maintaining normal yeast production.* The enzyme cellulase breaks down the cell wall of candida, while protease removes the toxins expelled during cell death.* This combination may ease discomforts common to cleansing (die-off).* Broccoli Seed extract, as well as beneficial microflora (probiotics), work together to support healthy detoxification.* Enzyme Sciences exclusive Thera-blend™ enzymes are effective throughout the entire digestive system, thereby ensuring complete digestion.* When formulated for therapeutic purposes, Thera-blend enzymes are customized for optimal performance throughout the entire body.
Servings Per Container: 42
Take 2 capsules three times per day on an empty stomach (1/2 hour before or 2 hours after a meal). More may be taken as directed by your healthcare practitioner.*
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Amount Per Serving Cellulase Thera-blend™ … 70, 000CU Protease Thera-Blend™ … 230, 000HUT Broccoli Seed Extract … 40mg Probiotic Blend … 1 Billion CFU Bacillus subtilis, l.rhamnosus, l.casei, L.acidophilus, L.plantarum, L.bulgaricus, L.salivarius, L.paracasei
Other Ingredients: 100% vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
Contains NO: Dairy, egg, preservatives, salt, sucrose, soy, wheat, yeast, nuts, corn, gluten, casein, potato, rice, artificial colors or flavors
Contraindications: Candida Control should not be taken with any timed released medications that use cellulose as its time-release mechanism. Keep closed in dry place; avoid excessive heat.
60 softgels $38.95
120 softgels $69.95
-Double-strength EPA+DHA for more omega-3s in fewer soft gels plus 100mg ubiquinone-form CoQ10 -Synergistic heart support -Promotes brain and neurological health
ProOmega CoQ10 provides the same powerful EPA+DHA formula as our ProOmega, with the added heart health benefits of CoQ10. This formula helps supply the heart with the ATP it needs, and protects heart tissue from oxidative stress and damage.
Servings Per Container: 30
Two soft gels daily, with food, or as directed by your health care professional or pharmacist.
Serving Size: 2 soft gels
Amount Per Serving: Calories …20 Calories from Fat …18 Total Fat …2.0g Saturated Fat …0.1g Trans Fat …0g Coenzyme Q10 …100mg
Total Omega-3s …1280mg EPA …650mg (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) DHA …450mg (Docosahexaenoic Acid) Other Omega-3s …180mg
Ingredients: purified deep sea fish oil (from anchovies and sardines), soft gel capsule (gelatin, glycerin, purified water, caramel color, natural lemon flavor), coenzyme Q10, beeswax, d-alpha tocopherol, rosemary extract (a natural preservative)
No gluten, milk derivatives, or artificial colors or flavors. Non-GMO.
Aminolase. Arthur Andrew Medical
30 capsules $24.99
90 capsules $69.99
Worth every penny for anyone “training” and not just “working out!”
Ideal for body builders, runners, fitness enthusiasts, or anyone with an active lifestyle, Aminolase represents a breakthrough in protein nutrition for those using protein supplements or meal replacements to help build or maintain healthy muscle mass and accelerate muscle recovery. Aminolase should be taken with protein rich foods and all protein supplements including the following: whey, milk, casein, soy, pea, rice and hemp. Protein supplements are one of the richest sources of all nine essential amino acids that the body is unable to produce on its own; however all protein must first be processed into a usable form, which includes essential amino acids and beneficial peptides (i.e., Di and Tri-peptides). To be effective, protein must be broken down into a smaller particle size within approximately 90 minutes of consumption. This transit time represents the time from which protein passes from the stomach through the small intestine where digestion/absorption primarily occurs; from there it will be assembled into muscle building protein (a bio-usable form). Undigested protein will simply be excreted from the body, resulting in increased kidney stress and wasted amino acids, essentially pouring your expensive protein supplement down the toilet.*
Servings Per Container: 30
Consume 1 capsule of Aminolase™ per 25 grams of protein. Aminolase capsules may also be opened and added directly to your favorite protein supplement, or taken with any protein rich meal.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving: Aminolase TPA™ … 250mg Acid Stable Protease Blend
Other Ingredients: Cellulose (vegetarian capsules)
Aminolase is free of dairy, gluten, and soy allergens. Contains no artificial colors or preservatives.
Micro D-3 w/ Vitamin K and Trace Minerals
2 oz. $16.95
Micro D-3 w/ KTM is an optimized form of Vitamin D3 in a base of Vitamin K2 and Trace Minerals. And, unlike other Vitamin D, Micro D-3 w/ KTM is superior in particle size, delivery technology, absorption and bioavailability. Vitamin D-3 doses have been steadily increasing from 400 IU to 2000 IU per day. And, in many cases, Doctors and Healthcare Professionals are recommending doses in excess of 5000 IU per day. Because Micro D-3 w/ KTM leverages the power of our new breakthrough delivery system (M.E.D.S Technology), you can get up to 10 times more vitamin D into the blood and body when compared to ordinary soft gelatin capsules and other liquid formulations.
Servings Per Container: 240
As a dietary supplement, take 1250IU )0.25ml) per day or as directed by your physician.
Serving Size: 0.25ml = 1250IU
Amount Per Serving Vitamin D-3 … 1250IU
Other Ingredients: DI Water, Proprietary Blend of (Magnesium Lactate, Zinc Lactate, Copper, Chromium) MCT Oil, Phosphatidylcholine, Vitamin K2
Contains NO: wheat, gluten, corn, soy protein, yeast, dairy products, artificial colors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
Cooking With Jodi – 6/12/2016
This week Jodi featured vegetables of all shapes sizes and colors. Spaghetti Squash, Cabbage, Green and Red Bell Peppers, Tarragon, Garlic, Black Beans, and more. These classes are a great way to learn new ways to cook healthy and still make very tasty dishes. In class today, Jodi made: