now browsing by tag
Turmeric Curcumin 1000mg
Patient One MediNutritionals
60 capsules $21.25
Promotes normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, immune, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function
Promotes immune system function
* Supports brain and joint health
* Promotes healthy liver, gall bladder and digestive function
* Free radical scavenging properties
* Supports cardiovascular function
* Black pepper included for enhanced absorption
Unique Properties Curcumin, a polyphenol nutrient found in the spice turmeric (Curcuma longa), has beneficial effects for nearly every organ system in the body. Used for its medicinal effects for centuries and extensively studied, Curcumin has been shown to help maintain the bodys normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, liver, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function. To enhance the normally poor bioavailability of curcumin, our potent formula also contains black pepper extract that promotes rapid absorption of nutrients from the gastrointestinal tract.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Patient One Turmeric Curcumin combines the benefits of both whole Turmeric root and Turmeric extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids), along with black pepper extract for enhanced absorption.
Curcumin is the orange pigment in turmeric (the primary ingredient in curry) and has been studied for its effective therapeutic outcomes acting as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, anticoagulant, immuno-modulatory activities and even in wound healing. Research suggests support for joint, eye, GI tract, liver, prostate and nerve health.
Curcumin supports production of B and T cells which is useful for promoting proper immune function. It also supports production of bile and enzymes that digest sugars and fats. This helps to maintain cholesterol levels within normal range. Turmeric supports intestinal flora and the mucus membranes of the body, including those of the digestive tract. As such, it may be beneficial after a course of antibiotics and for those with unbalanced intestinal flora. It also helps protect the stomach against excess acid and is used for its soothing effect on the mucosa of the gut.
Black Pepper Extract (as BioPerine®) It has been found that the therapeutic effectiveness of curcumin is often limited due to its poor absorption from the GI tract. When taken orally only traces appear in the blood, whereas most of the dose is excreted though the feces. Our formula includes BioPerine®, a patented extract derived from the common black pepper fruit that contains the alkaloid piperine. Black pepper has been shown to enhance the bioavailability and promote absorption of curcumin both in pre-clinical studies and in studies on human volunteers.
* Several studies have illustrated curcumins hepatoprotective effects, leading researchers to suggest its use in protecting the liver from exogenous insults from environmental toxins.
Servings Per Container: 60
Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a qualified healthcare professional.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving Turmeric Complex Proprietary Blend … 1000mg Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (root) and Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) (root) (Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids) BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract … 5mg (Piper nigrum) (fruit) (Standardized to contain 95% piperine)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice powder, l-leucine
This product is free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives. This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
BioPerine® is a registered trademark and patented product of Sabinsa Corporation
* Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, et al. Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta Med 1998 May;64(4):353-56. [PMID: 9619120]
* Jagetia GC, Aggarwal BB. “Spicing up” of the immune system by curcumin. J Clin Immunol. 2007 Jan;27(1):19-35. [PMID: 17211725]
* Funk JL, Oyarzo JN, Frye JB, et al. Turmeric extracts containing curcuminoids prevent experimental rheumatoid arthritis. J Nat Prod. 2006 Mar;69(3):351-55. [PMID: 16562833]
* Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Altern Med Rev. 2009 Jun;14(2):141-53. [PMID: 19594223]
* Ng T, et al. Am J Epidemiol. 2006;164:898-906.
* Sun AY, Wang Q, Simonyi A, et al. Botanical phenolics and brain health. Neuromolecular Med. 2008;10(4):259-74. [PMID: 19191039]
* Neelofar K, Shreaz S, Rimple B, et al. Curcumin as a promising anticandidal of clinical interest. Can J Microbiol. 2011 Mar;57(3):204-10. [PMID: 21358761]
* Epstein J, Docena G, MacDonald TT, et al. Curcumin suppresses p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation, reduces IL-1beta and matrix metalloproteinase-3 and enhances IL-10 in the mucosa of children and adults with inflammatory bowel disease. Br J Nutr. 2010 Mar;103(6):824-32. [PMID: 19878610]
* Ukil A, Maity S, Karmakar S, et al. Curcumin, the major component of food flavour turmeric, reduces mucosal injury in trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid-induced colitis. Br J Pharmacol. 2003 May;139(2):209-18. [PMID: 12770926]
* Holt PR, Katz S, Kirshoff R. Curcumin therapy in inflammatory bowel disease: a pilot study. Dig Dis Sci. 2005 Nov;50(11):2191-93. [PMID:16240238]
* Lal B, Kapoor AK, Asthana OP, et al. Efficacy of curcumin in the management of chronic anterior uveitis. Phytother Res. 1999 Jun;13(4):318-22. [PMID: 10404539]
* Xie L, Li XK, Takahara S. Curcumin has bright prospects for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Int Immunopharmacol . 2011 Mar;11(3):323-30. 
* Martins CV, da Silva DL, Neres AT, et al. Curcumin as a promising antifungal of clinical interest. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009 Feb;63(2):337-39. [PMID: 19038979]
* Mythri RB, Harish G, Dubey SK, et al. Glutamoyl diester of the dietary polyphenol curcumin offers improved protection against peroxynitrite-mediated nitrosative stress and damage of brain mitochondria in vitro: implications for Parkinsons disease. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011 Jan;347(1-2):135-43. [PMID: 20972609]
* Ravindran J, Prasad S, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin and cancer cells: how many ways can curry kill tumor cells selectively? AAPS J . 2009 Sep;11(3):495-510. [PMID: 9619120]
* Goel A, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin, the golden spice from Indian saffron, is a chemosensitizer and radiosensitizer for tumors and chemoprotector and radioprotector for normal organs. Nutr Cancer. 2010 Oct;62(7):919-30. [PMID: 20924967]
* Choi H, Chun YS, Shin YJ, et al. Curcumin attenuates cytochrome P450 induction in response to 2, 3, 7, 8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin by ROS- dependently degrading AhR and ARNT. Cancer Sci. 2008 Dec;99(12):2518-24. [PMID: 19018768]
* Zhang, Dong Wei, Chuang Fang Huang, Chang Fu Yang, Ren Zuo Liu, Ji Feng Wang, Jian Zhao Niu, and Dieter Bromme. “Antifibrotic Effects of Curcumin Are Associated with over Expression of Cathespins K and L in Bleomycin Treated Mice and Human Fibroblasts.” Respiratory Research. Respiratory Research, 2011.
* Davis, J. Mark. “Curcumin Effects on Inflammation and Performance Recovery following Eccentric Exercise-induced Muscle Damage.” Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. American Physiological Society, 2007.
* Karlstetter, Marcus, Elena Lippe, Yana Walczak, Chistoph Moehle, Alexander Aslanidis, Myriam Mirza, and Thomas Langmann. “Curcumin Is a Potent Modulator of Microglial Gene Expression and Migration.” Journal of Neuroinflammation. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2011.
If pregnant, nursing, have gall stones or gall bladder disease, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Individuals taking medication, especially blood thinners or cancer treatment, should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
NanOmega3 Pineapple Orange
HEALTH PROFESSIONAL FORMULA
1000 IU of Vitamin D Good Source of Fiber, Pineapple Orange
SuperFood SOLUTION™. NanOmega3™ Heart, Brain & Vision SuperFoodlifesDHA™.
HEALTHY BRAIN, EYES, HEART
NET WT. 12.7 OZ (360g)
More Info: Omega-3s are essential for fatty acids (EFAs) for supporting: * heart health * joint health * healthy skin * maintenance of normal blood lipids * healthy brain function * healthy eyes (retina) * immune health * general health and wellness
Truly a breakthrough functional food formula, NanOmega3 provides essential fatty acids (EFAs) from both: -ALA, alpha-linolenic acid, from specially stabilized, organic MeadowPure™ golden flaxseed and -DHA oil (lifesDHA™ from Martek) derived from plant marine algae, with -Synergistic vitamins E, D3, folic acid, B6 and B12.
SuperSorb® is BioPharma Scientifics registered name for its enhanced delivery systems wherein highly bioavailable forms of micronutrient and microencapsulation are utilized to help maximize nutrient absorption.
In order to ensure correct usage of BioPharmas high potency formulas, BioPharma sells only through licensed healthcare practitioners.
Servings Per Container: 30
SUGGESTED USE: Mix one  scoop (12 g) with 6-8 ounces of cold water, juice or milk to taste. Shake or blend briskly. Enjoy one (1) to two (2) times a day unless otherwise directed by your health professional. Children under 12 take 1/2 serving. NanOmega3 is scientifically formulated to taste great with BioPharmas entire SuperFood Solution™ line. For a wealth of SuperFood Smoothie/Shake recipes, ask your health professional for a copy of The SuperFood Solution™ Users Guide.
Refrigerate after opening.
Benefit: YES: *Great tasting, instant mixing *Made with organic flax *Vegan & non GMO *Low net carb *Low peroxide value (pv) *Fortified with Vitamins D, E, & B
NO: *Fishy tastes, smells or toxins *Fish oil “burps” *Animal or fish products *Eggs, dairy, wheat, yeast, soy, gluten *Artificial flavors, MSG, or glutamate peptides
Serving Size: 12g (1 scoop)
Amount Per Serving Calories …57 Calories from fat …122 Total Fat …2.5g / 4% DV Saturated Fat …Total Carbohydrate …7g / 2% DV Dietary Fiber …2.5g / 10% DV Sugars …1g Protein …1g Vitamin D3 …1000 IU / 250% DV (cholecalciferol) Vitamin E …30 IU / 100% DV (d-alpha tocopherol succinate) Vitamin B6 …1mg / 50% DV (as pyridoxal-5-phosphate) Vitamin B9 …2000mcg / 50% DV (as folic acid) Vitamin B12 …85.5mcg / 1, 425% DV (as cyanocobalamin) Calcium …21mg / 2% DV Iron …425mcg / 2% DV Magnesium …22mg / 5% DV Sodium …5mg / <1% DV Potassium …36mg / 1% DV Total Omega-3 …1100mg # Omega-3/DHA …100mg # Omega-3/Linolenic Acid …1000mg # Omega-6 …300mg # Lignans …50mg # Turmeric …70mg # Stevia Leaf Crystals …70mg # (stevia rebaudiana)
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2, 000 calorie diet. # Daily Value not established.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Meadow Pure™ Omega-3 Ultra Golden Flax™ with Marteks DHA oil derived from marine algae, Natural Flavors (plant based), Rice Bran Soluble fiber*, Vitafiber™ (isomalto-oligosaccharides from non-GMO corn and/or potato starch), Rice Malto-dexrin*, Xanthan Gum, Natural Curcumin Color (plant based).
IMPORTANT: Best if stored in cool, dark conditions. After each use close tightly and refrigerate immediately. Contains an oxygen absorbent packet to preserve freshness.
Pregnant and nursing mothers, anyone taking prescription medications, or prior to any surgical procedures, inform their healthcare practitioner and/or pharmacist before taking this or any other dietary supplement.
HyaluronicAcid Dietary Supplement
60 capsules $27.95
HyaluronicAcid supports and promotes
healthy skin, functioning as a tissue lubricant
and is known as nature’s moisturizer.
With age, Hyaluronic Acid levels decline in the body and HA dietary supplementation provides nutritional support for connective tissue, cartilage, joint, skin and eye health.
Hyaluronic Acid works synergistically with collagen Type I, II, and III to help support skin, connective tissue, cartilage and joint health.
Servings Per Container: 30
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule twice daily on an empty stomach. Wait 20 minutes before eating. Do not mix with other protein liquids or protein supplements for optimal nutritional beneft.
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Amount Per Serving: Hyaluronic Acid … 100mg
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Kosher Gelatin Capsule.
Collagen M.D.® products are free from gluten, dairy, sucrose, starch, yeast, wheat, corn and cholesterol.