now browsing by tag
Turmeric Curcumin 1000mg
Patient One MediNutritionals
60 capsules $21.25
Promotes normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, immune, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function
Promotes immune system function
* Supports brain and joint health
* Promotes healthy liver, gall bladder and digestive function
* Free radical scavenging properties
* Supports cardiovascular function
* Black pepper included for enhanced absorption
Unique Properties Curcumin, a polyphenol nutrient found in the spice turmeric (Curcuma longa), has beneficial effects for nearly every organ system in the body. Used for its medicinal effects for centuries and extensively studied, Curcumin has been shown to help maintain the bodys normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, liver, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function. To enhance the normally poor bioavailability of curcumin, our potent formula also contains black pepper extract that promotes rapid absorption of nutrients from the gastrointestinal tract.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Patient One Turmeric Curcumin combines the benefits of both whole Turmeric root and Turmeric extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids), along with black pepper extract for enhanced absorption.
Curcumin is the orange pigment in turmeric (the primary ingredient in curry) and has been studied for its effective therapeutic outcomes acting as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, anticoagulant, immuno-modulatory activities and even in wound healing. Research suggests support for joint, eye, GI tract, liver, prostate and nerve health.
Curcumin supports production of B and T cells which is useful for promoting proper immune function. It also supports production of bile and enzymes that digest sugars and fats. This helps to maintain cholesterol levels within normal range. Turmeric supports intestinal flora and the mucus membranes of the body, including those of the digestive tract. As such, it may be beneficial after a course of antibiotics and for those with unbalanced intestinal flora. It also helps protect the stomach against excess acid and is used for its soothing effect on the mucosa of the gut.
Black Pepper Extract (as BioPerine®) It has been found that the therapeutic effectiveness of curcumin is often limited due to its poor absorption from the GI tract. When taken orally only traces appear in the blood, whereas most of the dose is excreted though the feces. Our formula includes BioPerine®, a patented extract derived from the common black pepper fruit that contains the alkaloid piperine. Black pepper has been shown to enhance the bioavailability and promote absorption of curcumin both in pre-clinical studies and in studies on human volunteers.
* Several studies have illustrated curcumins hepatoprotective effects, leading researchers to suggest its use in protecting the liver from exogenous insults from environmental toxins.
Servings Per Container: 60
Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a qualified healthcare professional.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving Turmeric Complex Proprietary Blend … 1000mg Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (root) and Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) (root) (Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids) BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract … 5mg (Piper nigrum) (fruit) (Standardized to contain 95% piperine)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice powder, l-leucine
This product is free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives. This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
BioPerine® is a registered trademark and patented product of Sabinsa Corporation
* Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, et al. Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta Med 1998 May;64(4):353-56. [PMID: 9619120]
* Jagetia GC, Aggarwal BB. “Spicing up” of the immune system by curcumin. J Clin Immunol. 2007 Jan;27(1):19-35. [PMID: 17211725]
* Funk JL, Oyarzo JN, Frye JB, et al. Turmeric extracts containing curcuminoids prevent experimental rheumatoid arthritis. J Nat Prod. 2006 Mar;69(3):351-55. [PMID: 16562833]
* Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Altern Med Rev. 2009 Jun;14(2):141-53. [PMID: 19594223]
* Ng T, et al. Am J Epidemiol. 2006;164:898-906.
* Sun AY, Wang Q, Simonyi A, et al. Botanical phenolics and brain health. Neuromolecular Med. 2008;10(4):259-74. [PMID: 19191039]
* Neelofar K, Shreaz S, Rimple B, et al. Curcumin as a promising anticandidal of clinical interest. Can J Microbiol. 2011 Mar;57(3):204-10. [PMID: 21358761]
* Epstein J, Docena G, MacDonald TT, et al. Curcumin suppresses p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation, reduces IL-1beta and matrix metalloproteinase-3 and enhances IL-10 in the mucosa of children and adults with inflammatory bowel disease. Br J Nutr. 2010 Mar;103(6):824-32. [PMID: 19878610]
* Ukil A, Maity S, Karmakar S, et al. Curcumin, the major component of food flavour turmeric, reduces mucosal injury in trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid-induced colitis. Br J Pharmacol. 2003 May;139(2):209-18. [PMID: 12770926]
* Holt PR, Katz S, Kirshoff R. Curcumin therapy in inflammatory bowel disease: a pilot study. Dig Dis Sci. 2005 Nov;50(11):2191-93. [PMID:16240238]
* Lal B, Kapoor AK, Asthana OP, et al. Efficacy of curcumin in the management of chronic anterior uveitis. Phytother Res. 1999 Jun;13(4):318-22. [PMID: 10404539]
* Xie L, Li XK, Takahara S. Curcumin has bright prospects for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Int Immunopharmacol . 2011 Mar;11(3):323-30. 
* Martins CV, da Silva DL, Neres AT, et al. Curcumin as a promising antifungal of clinical interest. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009 Feb;63(2):337-39. [PMID: 19038979]
* Mythri RB, Harish G, Dubey SK, et al. Glutamoyl diester of the dietary polyphenol curcumin offers improved protection against peroxynitrite-mediated nitrosative stress and damage of brain mitochondria in vitro: implications for Parkinsons disease. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011 Jan;347(1-2):135-43. [PMID: 20972609]
* Ravindran J, Prasad S, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin and cancer cells: how many ways can curry kill tumor cells selectively? AAPS J . 2009 Sep;11(3):495-510. [PMID: 9619120]
* Goel A, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin, the golden spice from Indian saffron, is a chemosensitizer and radiosensitizer for tumors and chemoprotector and radioprotector for normal organs. Nutr Cancer. 2010 Oct;62(7):919-30. [PMID: 20924967]
* Choi H, Chun YS, Shin YJ, et al. Curcumin attenuates cytochrome P450 induction in response to 2, 3, 7, 8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin by ROS- dependently degrading AhR and ARNT. Cancer Sci. 2008 Dec;99(12):2518-24. [PMID: 19018768]
* Zhang, Dong Wei, Chuang Fang Huang, Chang Fu Yang, Ren Zuo Liu, Ji Feng Wang, Jian Zhao Niu, and Dieter Bromme. “Antifibrotic Effects of Curcumin Are Associated with over Expression of Cathespins K and L in Bleomycin Treated Mice and Human Fibroblasts.” Respiratory Research. Respiratory Research, 2011.
* Davis, J. Mark. “Curcumin Effects on Inflammation and Performance Recovery following Eccentric Exercise-induced Muscle Damage.” Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. American Physiological Society, 2007.
* Karlstetter, Marcus, Elena Lippe, Yana Walczak, Chistoph Moehle, Alexander Aslanidis, Myriam Mirza, and Thomas Langmann. “Curcumin Is a Potent Modulator of Microglial Gene Expression and Migration.” Journal of Neuroinflammation. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2011.
If pregnant, nursing, have gall stones or gall bladder disease, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Individuals taking medication, especially blood thinners or cancer treatment, should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
Comprehensive joint support
Bromelain, Meriva® (curcumin phytosome), and Boswellia help maintain a healthy cytokine balance throughout the body*
Bromelain helps promote healing after trauma*
Glucosamine and MSM provide proven joint support*
Helps maintain healthy joint mobility*
Can provide relief from occasional aches and soreness*
AR-Encap is a comprehensive joint support formula that goes beyond simple glucosamine supplementation.* This formula supplies 1, 500 mg of glucosamine sulfate (suggested use – 4 capsules twice daily), which is the amount used in the majority of studies – in combination with joint-supporting nutrients and botanicals.*
In a study of healthy subjects with mild knee soreness, bromelain supplementation resulted in significant improvement with both 200-mg and 400-mg daily doses.1* Joint mobility was also improved.*
Curcumin, the principal polyphenol in the Indian spice turmeric, exerts antioxidant effects.* Curcumin Phytosome is a compound containing curcumin and phosphatidylcholine. This compound has significantly better absorption than ordinary curcumin and helps maintain a healthy cytokine balance throughout the body.*
Glucosamine provides significant joint support, as evidenced by numerous clinical studies. Methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM), also known as dimethyl sulfone and methyl sulfone, is an organic, sulfur-containing compound that occurs naturally in a variety of plants, and provides additional joint support.
Boswellia appears to inhibit the activity of lipoxygenase enzymes, thus promoting a healthy cytokine balance throughout the body.* A study of curcumin and boswellia found significant support of normal joint mobility in the group taking the botanical formula.2*
Walker AF, et al. Phytomedicine 2002;9:681-686.
Kizhakkedath R. Mol Med Rep 2013;8:1542-1548.
Servings Per Container: 60
Take 4 capsules one to two times daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
Serving Size: Four Capsules
Amount Per Serving
Chloride … 87mg
(from Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium Chloride complex)
Potassium … 98mg
(from Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium Chloride complex)
Methyl Sulfonyl Methane … 850mg
Glucosamine Sulfate … 750mg
(as Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium Chloride complex)
Indian Frankincense extract … 350mg
(gum) (Boswellia serrata)
Curcumin Phytosome* … 250mg
(Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex)
Bromelain** … 200mg
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.
Contains ingredients derived from shellfish (glucosamine sulfate = crab and/or shrimp) and soy (phytosome).
*This product uses Indena S.p.A.s curcumin phytosome (Meriva®). Meriva is a registered trademark of Indena S.p.A.
**Bromelain is derived from the pineapple plant (Ananas comosus).
Boswellia standardized to Beta Boswellic Acids 20%.