now browsing by tag
Turmeric Curcumin 1000mg
Patient One MediNutritionals
60 capsules $21.25
Promotes normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, immune, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function
Promotes immune system function
* Supports brain and joint health
* Promotes healthy liver, gall bladder and digestive function
* Free radical scavenging properties
* Supports cardiovascular function
* Black pepper included for enhanced absorption
Unique Properties Curcumin, a polyphenol nutrient found in the spice turmeric (Curcuma longa), has beneficial effects for nearly every organ system in the body. Used for its medicinal effects for centuries and extensively studied, Curcumin has been shown to help maintain the bodys normal inflammatory response while also supporting joint, liver, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular function. To enhance the normally poor bioavailability of curcumin, our potent formula also contains black pepper extract that promotes rapid absorption of nutrients from the gastrointestinal tract.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Patient One Turmeric Curcumin combines the benefits of both whole Turmeric root and Turmeric extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids), along with black pepper extract for enhanced absorption.
Curcumin is the orange pigment in turmeric (the primary ingredient in curry) and has been studied for its effective therapeutic outcomes acting as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, anticoagulant, immuno-modulatory activities and even in wound healing. Research suggests support for joint, eye, GI tract, liver, prostate and nerve health.
Curcumin supports production of B and T cells which is useful for promoting proper immune function. It also supports production of bile and enzymes that digest sugars and fats. This helps to maintain cholesterol levels within normal range. Turmeric supports intestinal flora and the mucus membranes of the body, including those of the digestive tract. As such, it may be beneficial after a course of antibiotics and for those with unbalanced intestinal flora. It also helps protect the stomach against excess acid and is used for its soothing effect on the mucosa of the gut.
Black Pepper Extract (as BioPerine®) It has been found that the therapeutic effectiveness of curcumin is often limited due to its poor absorption from the GI tract. When taken orally only traces appear in the blood, whereas most of the dose is excreted though the feces. Our formula includes BioPerine®, a patented extract derived from the common black pepper fruit that contains the alkaloid piperine. Black pepper has been shown to enhance the bioavailability and promote absorption of curcumin both in pre-clinical studies and in studies on human volunteers.
* Several studies have illustrated curcumins hepatoprotective effects, leading researchers to suggest its use in protecting the liver from exogenous insults from environmental toxins.
Servings Per Container: 60
Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a qualified healthcare professional.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving Turmeric Complex Proprietary Blend … 1000mg Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (root) and Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) (root) (Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids) BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract … 5mg (Piper nigrum) (fruit) (Standardized to contain 95% piperine)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice powder, l-leucine
This product is free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives. This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
BioPerine® is a registered trademark and patented product of Sabinsa Corporation
* Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, et al. Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta Med 1998 May;64(4):353-56. [PMID: 9619120]
* Jagetia GC, Aggarwal BB. “Spicing up” of the immune system by curcumin. J Clin Immunol. 2007 Jan;27(1):19-35. [PMID: 17211725]
* Funk JL, Oyarzo JN, Frye JB, et al. Turmeric extracts containing curcuminoids prevent experimental rheumatoid arthritis. J Nat Prod. 2006 Mar;69(3):351-55. [PMID: 16562833]
* Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Altern Med Rev. 2009 Jun;14(2):141-53. [PMID: 19594223]
* Ng T, et al. Am J Epidemiol. 2006;164:898-906.
* Sun AY, Wang Q, Simonyi A, et al. Botanical phenolics and brain health. Neuromolecular Med. 2008;10(4):259-74. [PMID: 19191039]
* Neelofar K, Shreaz S, Rimple B, et al. Curcumin as a promising anticandidal of clinical interest. Can J Microbiol. 2011 Mar;57(3):204-10. [PMID: 21358761]
* Epstein J, Docena G, MacDonald TT, et al. Curcumin suppresses p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation, reduces IL-1beta and matrix metalloproteinase-3 and enhances IL-10 in the mucosa of children and adults with inflammatory bowel disease. Br J Nutr. 2010 Mar;103(6):824-32. [PMID: 19878610]
* Ukil A, Maity S, Karmakar S, et al. Curcumin, the major component of food flavour turmeric, reduces mucosal injury in trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid-induced colitis. Br J Pharmacol. 2003 May;139(2):209-18. [PMID: 12770926]
* Holt PR, Katz S, Kirshoff R. Curcumin therapy in inflammatory bowel disease: a pilot study. Dig Dis Sci. 2005 Nov;50(11):2191-93. [PMID:16240238]
* Lal B, Kapoor AK, Asthana OP, et al. Efficacy of curcumin in the management of chronic anterior uveitis. Phytother Res. 1999 Jun;13(4):318-22. [PMID: 10404539]
* Xie L, Li XK, Takahara S. Curcumin has bright prospects for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Int Immunopharmacol . 2011 Mar;11(3):323-30. 
* Martins CV, da Silva DL, Neres AT, et al. Curcumin as a promising antifungal of clinical interest. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009 Feb;63(2):337-39. [PMID: 19038979]
* Mythri RB, Harish G, Dubey SK, et al. Glutamoyl diester of the dietary polyphenol curcumin offers improved protection against peroxynitrite-mediated nitrosative stress and damage of brain mitochondria in vitro: implications for Parkinsons disease. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011 Jan;347(1-2):135-43. [PMID: 20972609]
* Ravindran J, Prasad S, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin and cancer cells: how many ways can curry kill tumor cells selectively? AAPS J . 2009 Sep;11(3):495-510. [PMID: 9619120]
* Goel A, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin, the golden spice from Indian saffron, is a chemosensitizer and radiosensitizer for tumors and chemoprotector and radioprotector for normal organs. Nutr Cancer. 2010 Oct;62(7):919-30. [PMID: 20924967]
* Choi H, Chun YS, Shin YJ, et al. Curcumin attenuates cytochrome P450 induction in response to 2, 3, 7, 8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin by ROS- dependently degrading AhR and ARNT. Cancer Sci. 2008 Dec;99(12):2518-24. [PMID: 19018768]
* Zhang, Dong Wei, Chuang Fang Huang, Chang Fu Yang, Ren Zuo Liu, Ji Feng Wang, Jian Zhao Niu, and Dieter Bromme. “Antifibrotic Effects of Curcumin Are Associated with over Expression of Cathespins K and L in Bleomycin Treated Mice and Human Fibroblasts.” Respiratory Research. Respiratory Research, 2011.
* Davis, J. Mark. “Curcumin Effects on Inflammation and Performance Recovery following Eccentric Exercise-induced Muscle Damage.” Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. American Physiological Society, 2007.
* Karlstetter, Marcus, Elena Lippe, Yana Walczak, Chistoph Moehle, Alexander Aslanidis, Myriam Mirza, and Thomas Langmann. “Curcumin Is a Potent Modulator of Microglial Gene Expression and Migration.” Journal of Neuroinflammation. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2011.
If pregnant, nursing, have gall stones or gall bladder disease, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Individuals taking medication, especially blood thinners or cancer treatment, should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
G.I. Detox (With Pyrophyllite Clay)
60 capsules $31.50
Removal of debris and toxins from the intestinal tract is an important part of any comprehensive cleansing program. G.I. Detox™ contains both pyrophyllite healing clay and activated charcoal for a simple and well tolerated cleansing regime.
-Removes Debris, Toxins and Accumulated Waste -Excellent Support when used with the Bioclear® Program -Assists in “Mop Up” Phase of Biofilm Treatment
General Cleansing for Adults: For twice monthly use: 1 – 2 capsules with a large glass of water 3 times daily taken between meals, for 3 days. During use of G.I. Detox eat a diet high in leafy greens and low in refined carbohydrates. A minimum of 64 ounces of water a day should be taken. Take 1 – 2 hours apart from other supplements or medications. When using G.I. Detox™ during a course of Biocidin® or Olivirex®, resume these at a lower dosage and gradually increase to the recommended levels again as the effects will be more powerful after the colon is cleansed.
Servings Per Container: 60
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving Proprietary Herbal Blend … 750mg Pyrophyllite Clay 562mg Activated Charcoal 188mg
Other Ingredients: Cellulose and water
Contains no allergens such as dairy, wheat, gluten, sugar, soy, preservatives, animal products, artificial flavorings or colorings.
For “mop-up” of die off reactions take 1 – 2 capsules of GI Detox™ 1 hour apart from Biocidin®, Olivirex® or other medications. Discontinue use should adverse reactions occur. Not intended for use during pregnancy.
Collagen I and III Dietary Supplement
Collagen Type I & III together account for 90%
of the collagen present in the dermis with up to
60-80% for Collagen Type I and 15-20% for
Collagen Type III. This collection of fibers is
responsible for maintaining the structure and
resistance of tissues and constitutes a dynamic
network which anchors the skin in the deeper
layers, thereby creating a support base for the
skin. In addition to its architectural properties,
collagen also regulates the activity of fibroblasts,
playing a role in their migration, proliferation and
differentiation, and in their adhesion to various
elements of the extracellular matrix.
Collagen Type I & III are the main components
of hair, nails, ligaments, tendons, muscles, gums,
teeth, bones, blood vessels and eyes.
In 6oz of water or juice, blend 2 scoops of powder (over 35 years old) or 1 scoop (under 35 years old) or as directed by your physician. Use juice containing Vitamin C or take with a Vitamin C supplement for maximum collagen support.
For optimal nutritional benefits, take on an empty stomach and wait 20 minutes before eating
Do not add to milk or other protein dinks/powders as this will decrease the benefits. May be take with other vitamins and minerals.
Collagen Type I & II …6.6g Collagen Type I and III protein peptides derived from 100% pure bovine collagen.
Contains no gluten, dairy sucrose, starch, yeast, wheat, corn, cholesterol, fat, additives, colorings, flavorings or preservatives.
45 capsules $26.14
90 Capsules $39.95
A non-essential amino acid precursor and herbal combination useful for brain and nervous system stresses. 5-Hydroxy Gaba™ acts as a natural relaxant without addiction or the feeling of heavy sedation.
MAY BE HELPFUL FOR Anxiety, depression, sleep disturbances, irritability, and all factors relating to stress disorders.
One (1) capsule three (3) times daily, as a dietary supplement, or as directed by your physician.
Serving Size: One (1) Vegetarian Capsule
Amount Per Serving Inositol …175mg**
Thiamine HCI …25mg / 1, 666% DV
Magnesium …25mg / 6.25% DV
(Amino Acid Chelate)
Niacinamide …25mg / 125% DV
Valerian Extract 20:1
(Yielding 0.8% Valerenic Acid)
Passion Flower …25mg**
Glutamic Acid …25mg**
(Gama Amino Butyric Acid)
** No US Daily Value has been established
Rice Powder, Magnesium Stearate
Contains no preservatives.
Candida Control™ includes two enzymes for maintaining normal yeast production.* The enzyme cellulase breaks down the cell wall of candida, while protease removes the toxins expelled during cell death.* This combination may ease discomforts common to cleansing (die-off).* Broccoli Seed extract, as well as beneficial microflora (probiotics), work together to support healthy detoxification.* Enzyme Sciences exclusive Thera-blend™ enzymes are effective throughout the entire digestive system, thereby ensuring complete digestion.* When formulated for therapeutic purposes, Thera-blend enzymes are customized for optimal performance throughout the entire body.
Servings Per Container: 42
Take 2 capsules three times per day on an empty stomach (1/2 hour before or 2 hours after a meal). More may be taken as directed by your healthcare practitioner.*
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Amount Per Serving Cellulase Thera-blend™ … 70, 000CU Protease Thera-Blend™ … 230, 000HUT Broccoli Seed Extract … 40mg Probiotic Blend … 1 Billion CFU Bacillus subtilis, l.rhamnosus, l.casei, L.acidophilus, L.plantarum, L.bulgaricus, L.salivarius, L.paracasei
Other Ingredients: 100% vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
Contains NO: Dairy, egg, preservatives, salt, sucrose, soy, wheat, yeast, nuts, corn, gluten, casein, potato, rice, artificial colors or flavors
Contraindications: Candida Control should not be taken with any timed released medications that use cellulose as its time-release mechanism. Keep closed in dry place; avoid excessive heat.
Aminolase. Arthur Andrew Medical
30 capsules $24.99
90 capsules $69.99
Worth every penny for anyone “training” and not just “working out!”
Ideal for body builders, runners, fitness enthusiasts, or anyone with an active lifestyle, Aminolase represents a breakthrough in protein nutrition for those using protein supplements or meal replacements to help build or maintain healthy muscle mass and accelerate muscle recovery. Aminolase should be taken with protein rich foods and all protein supplements including the following: whey, milk, casein, soy, pea, rice and hemp. Protein supplements are one of the richest sources of all nine essential amino acids that the body is unable to produce on its own; however all protein must first be processed into a usable form, which includes essential amino acids and beneficial peptides (i.e., Di and Tri-peptides). To be effective, protein must be broken down into a smaller particle size within approximately 90 minutes of consumption. This transit time represents the time from which protein passes from the stomach through the small intestine where digestion/absorption primarily occurs; from there it will be assembled into muscle building protein (a bio-usable form). Undigested protein will simply be excreted from the body, resulting in increased kidney stress and wasted amino acids, essentially pouring your expensive protein supplement down the toilet.*
Servings Per Container: 30
Consume 1 capsule of Aminolase™ per 25 grams of protein. Aminolase capsules may also be opened and added directly to your favorite protein supplement, or taken with any protein rich meal.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving: Aminolase TPA™ … 250mg Acid Stable Protease Blend
Other Ingredients: Cellulose (vegetarian capsules)
Aminolase is free of dairy, gluten, and soy allergens. Contains no artificial colors or preservatives.
Micro D-3 w/ Vitamin K and Trace Minerals
2 oz. $16.95
Micro D-3 w/ KTM is an optimized form of Vitamin D3 in a base of Vitamin K2 and Trace Minerals. And, unlike other Vitamin D, Micro D-3 w/ KTM is superior in particle size, delivery technology, absorption and bioavailability. Vitamin D-3 doses have been steadily increasing from 400 IU to 2000 IU per day. And, in many cases, Doctors and Healthcare Professionals are recommending doses in excess of 5000 IU per day. Because Micro D-3 w/ KTM leverages the power of our new breakthrough delivery system (M.E.D.S Technology), you can get up to 10 times more vitamin D into the blood and body when compared to ordinary soft gelatin capsules and other liquid formulations.
Servings Per Container: 240
As a dietary supplement, take 1250IU )0.25ml) per day or as directed by your physician.
Serving Size: 0.25ml = 1250IU
Amount Per Serving Vitamin D-3 … 1250IU
Other Ingredients: DI Water, Proprietary Blend of (Magnesium Lactate, Zinc Lactate, Copper, Chromium) MCT Oil, Phosphatidylcholine, Vitamin K2
Contains NO: wheat, gluten, corn, soy protein, yeast, dairy products, artificial colors, sweeteners, or preservatives.